The need for more efficient use of wood and wood-based products as engineering materials has led to a renewed interest in testing the tensile strength of wood. The tensile strength testing of wood before constructing the roofing, windows, furniture, and door frames is a highly significant way to ascertain the capability of the designs to handle strain and stress during routine use.
Performing the process of testing at every level of production not only ensures the safety of the products but also permits the manufacturers to explain the quality of the product to the customers.
Presto offers a wide range of tensile testing machines along with high-end controlling software to determine the tensile strength and other properties of timber and wood before commencing the process of manufacturing. The instruments are supplied with a variety of fixtures and grips that can test the tensile strength of any product easily.
Presto’s tensile testing machine is used by the timber and wood industries to ascertain the tensile and flexural strength of wood samples, the coefficient of friction test of laminates, peel or bond strength of adhesives, and bend strength test of joints. These testing can be conducted as per the standards that are provided to the instrument by various standardization authorities such as ASTM, ISO, BIS, etc.
The process of testing helps to reduce down the cost of production and enhances the quality of final goods.
• Advanced load sensor sensing through advanced electronics.
• Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature and repeatability
• Cross head travel length: 700mm grip to grip (with standard vice type grip)
• Single column rugged structure
• Safety limit switches for over travel safety
• Hardened lead screws for frictionless movement
• Load cell calibrated by NABL approved proving ring/dynamometers
• Highly accurate micro-controller based system controls
• Peak Hold facility available (Max. value save in memory)
• Bright LED display with Feather touch controls
Features offered on demand:
• Specially designed gripper jaws for holding fragile samples.
• Wintest one way communication software.
• Graph of Force vs Elongation can be obtained.
• Easy Data management. The user can create product Identification, Sample ID, Shape of Specimen, Company Name, operator details etc.
• Immediate analysis of results after test with complete accuracy & precision