Olympus, the world leader in NDT (non destructive testing) has launched the 2014 model of Magnamike 8600 in association with Presto Group, as authorized distributors for India.
The industry’s two reputed brands, Olympus and Presto Group have come together to present a portable thickness gauge –Magnamike 8600. This equipment comes best in use for conducting reliable and repeatable measurements on nonferrous materials. On this testing equipment, measurements are usually made when its magnetic probe is placed on one side of the test material and a small target ball dropped in a container.Using the Magna-Mike is very simple, easy to understand and operate. It is available in new durable probe designs: Straight and Right Angle. Another interesting thing about this tool is that all the measurements display easily on the screen in the large color fonts. Moreover, it comes with “Replaceable Wear Caps” named as the Standard and Chisel tip, which plays a great role in extending the probe’s durability and reducing the replacement costs up to a great extent.
An extensive file-based alphanumeric data logger is another priceless advantage that comes along with Magna-Mike. It helps to easily store and transfer thickness readings mainly in four standard file formats : Incremental, Sequential, Sequential with Custom Point and 2-D Grid.
Some Major Key Features of MagnaMike 8600-Thickness Gage Testing Equipment are:-
- Overall dimension : 236 mm x 167 mm x 70 mm (9.3 in. x 6.57 in. x 2.76 in.)
- Supports multiple languages like English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Italian
- Comes with Onboard and removable 2 GB MicroSD card for data storage
- Full VGA (640 x 480 pixels) transflective color LCD display type.
- Expanded target selection : 3/16 and 1/4 in.
- Magnetic target balls : Wire target
- Expanded thickness ranges up to 25.4 mm (1.00 in.)
- Fast Measurement update rate : 60 Hz
- Programmable instrument lock with password
- IP67 rating based design
- Alphanumeric data logger
- Feature to export files to MicroSD card in .txt and CSV formats
- A new accessory kits : Wire target kit, Disk kit
- English, Japanese, Chinese, International keypads
This portable thickness gauge mainly works on the principle of ‘Hall Effect’. Besides that, it also helps you to measure the thickness of any bottle, plastic, glass, nozzle of airbags for cars or any non-ferrous materials without cutting them.