The melt flow rate (MFR) of a polymer is an important property to consider when selecting materials for any application. Polymer properties, such as MFR, are used to measure how well a material can be formed and molded into a desired shape or product. Testing the melt flow properties of polymers provides information about the viscosity, or fluidity, of a particular polymer material and can help determine if it is suitable for the application it will be used for. Thus, to make it easy for the polymer testing industries to test the melt flow properties of materials, we at Presto have launched a high-quality lab testing instrument known as melt flow index tester NEO 2.0.
This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that is used to test the melt flow properties of the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers. This high-quality testing equipment has been designed in accordance with industry standards to ensure users will get highly accurate lab testing results every time they conduct lab tests with the help of this quality lab testing equipment. In this blog, we are going to focus on how Presto MFI tester NEO 2.0 is used to test the melt flow properties of polymers. We will also discuss how the melt flow properties of polymers will have an impact on their quality. So, let us get started!
Test the melt flow properties of polymers with the new MFI NEO 2.0
Polymers are long chains of molecules that have the ability to flow when heated. The melt flow properties of a polymer determine how easily the material flows and can be processed. Melt flow testing is used to measure these properties and is an important quality control tool for industries that use polymers.
Presto has recently launched one of the high-quality lab testing instruments known as melt flow index tester NEO 2.0 which is considered to be consistent lab testing equipment used to test the melt flow properties of polymers with its high-end features.
This HMI-based touch-screen model has been equipped with high-end features that make it easy for manufacturers to conduct melt flow tests on the materials. It comes with HMI based touchscreen display of 7” and will perform melt flow tests on the materials with the accuracy of ± 1ºC. You can read more on the importance of melt flow index testers
in the polymer industry.
Now, let us discuss more the features and technical specifications of this quality lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto MFI NEO 2.0
The melt flow properties of polymers are extremely important to consider when designing and manufacturing products. Testing these properties is essential in order to ensure that the resulting product meets the desired requirements and remains safe & effective to use. Below we have listed the features of this quality lab testing equipment.
- HMI-based Touchscreen Model
- Result of MFI for individual test & average of all tests.
- Microprocessor-based inbuilt PID controller
- Automatic sample cutting
- Temperature setting and Preset Timer functions incorporated in HMI for accuracy and repeatability
- Die Steel barrel for uniform and consistent heating of barrel/test cylinder.
- Test reports can be generated in PDF format.
- Program profile for selecting test parameters and performing the test.
- Easy Data Management. Users can create product identification, test temperature, time, etc.
- USB option available for storing test data (Pen drive not a part of an offer)
- Data output in PDF and CSV file format.
- Can be programmed Pre-Heating Time.
- Calculate the Direct MFI value with High precision Load cell interface
- Calculate the Test results, Min. /Max. /Avg.
With these high-end features, one can easily test and ensure that quality products will be delivered. Now, let us discuss the technical specifications of this quality testing equipment.
Technical specifications of Presto MFI tester NEO 2.0
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 400º C
- Display: HMI Based touchscreen 7"
- Accuracy: ± 1ºC
- Least Count/Resolution: 0.1ºC
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Sample Cutting: Automatic Motorized
- Temperature Control: Inbuilt PID Temperature Controller
- Timer: Inbuilt in HMI Preset Timer up to 999 sec
- Inner Diameter of heating barrel(cylinder): 9.550mm ± 0.007mm
- Inner Diameter of Die: 2.095mm ± 0.005mm
- Diameter of piston head: 9.474mm ± 0.007
- Material of Heating Barrel(Cylinder): Die Steel
- Sample Cutting Motor: 2 Torque 7Kg/cm, 60RPM
- Sample Cutting Motor: 2 Torque 7Kg/cm, 60RPM
- Load Cell Range: 800 gm, Least count 0.01 gm
- Test Report: Yes, in PDF format
- No. of Dead Weights: 4 (1.2kg, 2.16kg, 3.8kg, 5kg)
- Material: Mild Steel
- Finish: Powder-coated Havel Gray & Blue combination finish and bright chrome/zinc plating for a corrosion-resistant finish
- Dimensions: 400 x 580 x 630 mm
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily conduct melt flow tests on the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered.
Now, let us discuss the importance of testing the melt flow properties of polymers.
Importance of testing melt flow properties of polymers
The melt flow properties of polymers are important to consider when selecting a polymer for a particular application. Different polymers have different melt flow properties, which can affect the quality of the final product. For example, a polymer with a high melt flow rate will be more likely to produce a product with a smooth surface finish, while a polymer with a low melt flow rate will be more likely to produce a product with a rough surface finish. Additionally, the melt flow properties of a polymer can affect its processing characteristics. Thus, with the use of Presto Melt Flow Index Tester NEO 2.0
one can easily examine the flow properties of melted polymers
If you want more information about this quality lab testing equipment
like melt flow index tester price
, or want a free sample testing session
regarding the use of this quality lab testing equipment then you can give us a call at +919210903903
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will instantly provide you with the required information.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra