The Presto Melt Flow Index Tester is a reliable instrument used for evaluating and analyzing the flow properties of molten plastics or resins.
The product, MELT FLOW INDEX TESTER –NXG Model is a very reliable instrument to analyze the flow properties of melted plastics and resins. This product is designed so to evaluate automatically melt flow index of the tested sample. This equipment incorporates HMI, which usually monitors and control various parameters like temperature, flow and auto cutting of the sample. This testing equipment is fully automatic and Melt flow index determines the quality of the sample under test. The body of the equipment is having powder plating (coating) to withstand corrosion. Instructions manual, cleaning tools and calibration certificates are enclosed with equipment.
With this testing equipment we can calculate the melt flow index of the thermoplastic polymer. Melt Flow Index(MFI) is ameasure of the ease with which the melted thermoplastic polymer can flow. MFI is basically an indirect way of measurement of molecular rate i.e. if melt flow rate is high then molecular weight is low and vice –versa. With the incorporation of HMI or touch screen, the monitoring and controlling of the equipment has become great. The temperature range of the testing machine is ambient to 400oC and having a digital PID temperature controller for accuracy and reproducibility. The instrument also has a digital preset timer with a range of 59 minutes 59 seconds.
This machine comes with standard accessories, comprising of piston, orifice, orifice cleaner, spoon, spanner, funnel, material charger and accessory stand.
- Precision : ± 0.1°C.
- Resolution : 0.1°C.
- Timer : Digital preset timer, ranges 59 minutes 59 seconds.
- Sample cutting : Automatic
- Standard Weights : 1.2 kg, 2.16 kg, 3.8 kg, 5kg, 10 Kg, and 21.6 kg.
- Accessories : Standard Accessories.
- Surface plating : Powder coated.
- Power supply : 230 Volts, 50 Hz, Single phase.
- With touch screen facility.
- Calculates the MFI automatically.
- Standard Weight changeability is easy.
- Temperature range ambient to 400 °C.
- Auto cutting of sample is there.
- Digital Preset timer is provided.
- PID temperature controller promises accuracy.
- IS 2530-1963 &
- ASTM D 1238- 01