Test The Permanence Of Paints On Metal Substrate When Subjected To Bend
Purpose of Conical Mandrel Bend Test
Conical Mandrel Bending the best and highly effective testing machine which is used to determine the adhesion, flexibility and elongation strength of the coatings, varnishes, paints and many more. The test is used to determine the resistance of cracking and detachment of paints from the substrate or material at bending stress. To perform the test, the test plate is bending over the cone through 180o and need to examine afterwards.
- It is a laboratory testing machine for paint industry as well as for manufacturing industries.
- The test is applicable practically on the single coated and multi-coated panels.
- Best to perform experimental purposes and quality control.
Features of Conical Mandrel Testing Instrument
- Easy and safe sample clamping, with the single handed operation.
- Sample with the thickness upt0 2 mm can be clamped and tested easily with the
- Robust design and corrosion proof construction.
- No maintenance is required for the device,
- Easy to handle.
How the test using Conical Mandrel Bending can be Performed?
- First of all, prepare the rectangular shaped test sample in accordance with the standard DIN EN ISO 6860
- To carry out the test, place the testing machine on the table.
- Ensure that the bending lever lies before the conical mandrel bending, the clamping bending lever must lie in an upward
- Now insert the sample between the test panel and the bending role preventing the sample from any kind of damage.
- The coated side of the sample should be placed towards the bending roll
- The rolling direction shall be positioned at an angle of 90 degree to the axis of the conical mandrel.
- Now clamp the test panel tightly.
- Now tighten the provided screw and push the clamping lever down
- Now bend the test sample evenly over the cone through 180o in a period of 2 or 3 seconds
- Now release the test panel and examine the sample.
Examination of Test
- Immediately after taking the sample out of the device, consider the coating of the sample for cracking or any kind of detachment from the substrate.
- Measure the length of the crack along with the panel from the small end of the cone to the marked end of the crack in centimeters.
- Calculate the average value of all the determinations and the record the result to the next
Cleaning and Maintenance of Device
Presto’s Conical Mandrel Bending can be cleaned using a dry, clean and soft cloth. Do not make use of any chemical such as acetone, benzene, glass, cellulose lacquers or alkaline liquids.