Plastics compounders daily execute mechanical tests as a part of their product development cycle. For the tensile testing procedures, they direct to the universal tensile machines (UTMs) to pull or stretch the testing sample in order to state the capability of the material for a particular task and its end-use functions.
UTMs are also operated for quality control in production and as a final testing check before releasing customer shipments. Compound applications have become highly complex, especially in the medical and automotive industries. Due to such changes, an emphasis on accuracy in measurement has been increased. This has generated an increasing demand for reduced testing errors in the market.
Nowadays, plastics molders and extruders also opt for UTMs in order to check the quality of arriving materials as well as the parts’ performance at the end of production runs.
Automotive and Medical device manufacturers are calling for tighter tolerance level. OEMs (Original equipment manufacturer) of these industries commands suppliers to execute their own testing and provide spec sheets with the lot shipments.
With such increasing demands, you must have an ideal machine to trust upon and perform high accuracy tensile testing.
It is a highly efficient & accurate instrument which is used to test the breakage, tensile and compression strength of various materials, components and finished products. It works on the principle of the constant rate of extension (CRE). It complies to international test standards such as ASTM D412, ASTM D429-73, ASTM D624, ATM D638-01, ASTM D76, IS 13360-5-7, IS 3400(Part1-1987).
• Advanced load sensor equipped for uniform application of force.
• Twin collar rugged structure suitable for wide range of samples.
• Safety limit switches offering full security to both user and the machine.
• Cross head travel speed of 50 mm to 500 mm.
• Hardened lead screws/ball screws for frictionless movement.
• Auto report generation at the end of the test with user programmable software.
• USB compatible with high-speed data transfer
• Online test run status can be viewed graphically or in raw data form.
• Test control wizard to set test parameters like tension, compression, changeable units in Kgs/N/lbs or cm/mm/inch.