As a manufacturer, you want to ensure that your products can withstand the test of time and environmental factors. One way to do that is through conducting salt spray testing. This testing method involves exposing metals to salt-laden conditions, simulating harsh weather environments, and analyzing their resistance to corrosion.
Thus, to make it easy for metal manufacturers to conduct salt spray test
on the materials, we at Presto has designed a high-quality lab testing instrument
known as Presto Cass Cum Salt Spray Tester
This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that is used to test the corrosion-resistance properties of the metals and get manufacturers to ensure the product’s durability.
By subjecting your products to this rigorous testing, you can identify potential weaknesses and take corrective measures to improve their durability. Salt spray testing is commonly used in industries such as automotive, aerospace, and marine to ensure that their products can withstand harsh environmental conditions.
In this article, we will discuss a brief about the Presto salt spray chamber and how this lab testing instrument is useful in testing the durability of materials in salt-laden environments. So, let us get started!
What is Salt Spray Testing and why it is important?
Salt spray testing is a standardized testing method used to evaluate the resistance of materials and coatings to corrosion in a salt-laden environment. It involves subjecting test specimens to a highly corrosive and accelerated corrosion environment, typically created by spraying a solution of saltwater mist (usually sodium chloride) onto the specimens.
The purpose of salt spray testing is to simulate and accelerate the corrosive effects that materials and coatings may experience when exposed to harsh environmental conditions.
By subjecting materials to a controlled and accelerated corrosive environment, manufacturers, researchers, and quality control professionals can assess the performance and durability of materials, coatings, and protective finishes.
Purpose of conducting salt spray test
The purpose of salt spray testing is to simulate and accelerate the corrosive effects that materials and coatings may experience when exposed to harsh environmental conditions, such as coastal areas or industrial environments with high levels of salt or corrosive atmospheres.
By subjecting materials to a controlled and accelerated corrosive environment, manufacturers, researchers, and quality control professionals can assess the performance and durability of materials, coatings, and protective finishes. Salt spray testing is commonly used in various industries, including automotive, aerospace, and other such industries to ensure accuracy in test results.
Now, let us discuss brief information about Presto Cass Cum Salt spray chamber.
All about Presto Cass Cum Salt Spray Chamber
The Presto Cass Cum Salt Spray Chamber is reliable and advanced corrosion testing equipment with a range of impressive features. It is designed to assess the corrosion resistance of materials and coatings in a salt-laden environment.
This salt spray testing chamber is equipped with an HMI-based touchscreen display, making it easy to operate and navigate through the various functions.
The inbuilt PID temperature settings ensure precise and accurate temperature control, while the corrosion-resistant PT-100 sensor provides reliable temperature measurements.
Users have the option to select pre-installed program profiles or create their own settings, including PID settings, air saturator settings, test temperature, test duration, and air purge time.
The chamber boasts a robust construction with a triple-walled fibre-reinforced body, ensuring durability and longevity. The 250 Ltr. Models also include a pneumatically operated canopy for convenient access, and an air purge post-test feature facilitates the settling of fog within the chamber.
Now, let us discuss the features and technical specifications of this quality testing instrument.
Features of Presto Cass Cum Salt Spray Chamber
- HMI-based Touchscreen Display for ease of operation
- Inbuilt PID temperature settings for accuracy
- Corrosion Resistant PT-100 sensor
- Program profile installed for selecting test parameters of the test.
- Users can create PID settings, Air Saturator settings, test temperature, test and air purge time etc.
- Live test running status can be displayed
- Robust Construction with triple-walled Fiber reinforced body
- Pneumatically operated canopy**(only for 250 Ltr. Model)
- Air purge post-test for fog settlement.
- Reservoir Tank in side sponge filter equipped
- Data can be saved to a USB device (Pen drive not in the part of the supply.)
- Set values (SV) and present values (PV) are displayed together.
- The angle of the Canopy is designed to restrict the flow of droplets directly on the test sample
New Added Features
- Users can connect other devices or any computer with the test equipment using the new Ethernet technology.
- Built-in VNC server offers remote control on operations and observation of HMI-based activity. This service can be used through VNC client apps such as Windows, iOS, and Android.
- One can block the remote-controlled operation while the test chamber is operated on-site. With a locking feature, users can stop the remote orders and allow only remote observations.
- Watch the registered test data directly on the web page feature in your systems. No installation of software is required.
- Alarm notification emails will be received on your system when logged in. This feature will notify operators of alarming situations. Also, it supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol which ensures security on data transfer.
- Equipped with 10 Pre-set timers for timing control.
- The Hindi-English interchanging font feature will allow changing the language of HMI operations.
- Display: HMI Based Touchscreen 7" TFT LCD Color Screen
- Chamber Temp. Range: Ambient to 60°C
- Test Chamber Temperature Range: 49°C ± 2°C
- Chamber Temperature Least Count: 0.1°C
- Chamber Temperature Repeatability: ± 1°C
- Air Saturator Temperature Range: Ambient to 65°C
- Air Saturator Temperature Least Count: 0.1°C
- Air Saturator Temperature Repeatability: ± 2°C
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz, 15 A
- Temperature Control: Inbuilt PID temperature Controller
- Timer (Hour meter): 6 digits
- Test Air Pressure: 0.7Kg/cm² - 1.7Kg/cm²
- Air Regulator: 0 to 30 psi
If you want a free sample testing session
with this quality testing instrument
then give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra