PET containers are widely used to store food and other materials for a longer time. But these containers are prone to get high cracks due to high environmental stress. Thus, it is important for plastic container manufacturers to conduct quality tests on these materials in order to ensure their durability. We at Presto have designed environmental stress cracking resistance tester that is highly useful in detecting the change in the physical characteristics of the materials against environmental stress. This laboratory testing machine is accompanied by standard accessories that include a cutting die, glass tubes, a digital temperature controller, and foils so that users can accurately conduct tests on the materials. Here, we are going to discuss the three easy steps to installing an ESCR testing machine. So, let us get started!
Why it is important to test the stress cracking resistance of plastic containers?
Plastic containers are revolutionized to store food, drink, and other items. They are lightweight and durable which makes them the perfect choice to store and transport food to customers. However, plastic containers can easily be damaged by environmental stress. This includes exposure to extremes of temperature, moisture, and UV light. The presence of these stresses can cause the plastic to crack and eventually break down.
By conducting this environmental stress test on plastic containers, manufacturers of plastic products will ensure the durability and quality of their materials. Now, let us discuss brief information about the environmental stress cracking resistance tester.
Introduction about environmental stress cracking resistance tester
The environmental stress cracking resistance tester is a unique testing cabinet that has been designed to provide highly accurate testing results under uniform temperatures. This lab testing equipment is helpful in detecting the change in the physical properties of the materials when they are ascertaining environmental stress.
Manufacturers can easily test blow-molded polyethylene containers with the help of this high-quality lab testing instrument. The aesthetic appeal of this lab testing instrument is enhanced by the autumn gray and blue combination finishing and bright chrome/zinc plating to ensure resistance to corrosion. You can read more about how Presto ESCR is helpful for plastic containers
Now, let us discuss more the features and technical specifications of this lab testing instrument.
Features of Presto ESCR tester
The increasing demand for plastic products has led to an increase in the use of plastic containers. However, the manufacturers must test their materials before delivering them to the customers. Presto being the leading manufacturer of ESCR testers will help the manufacturers to test their products in different environmental conditions. Below we have listed the advanced features of this high-quality lab testing equipment.
- Temperature controlled through PID controller
- Highly accurate test results under uniform temperatures in the chamber
- Advanced Digital Microprocessor based PID based temperature controller
- Provision of Set Value(SV) and Process Value(PV) on the temperature display
- Inbuilt Auto tuning function
- Bright LED display
- Equipped with rapid heaters for uniform and homogenous heating and maintaining the temperature inside the chamber
- The integral water drain system
- Inbuilt Calibration features with reference to master PID controller
- Stirrer motor for a precise stirring of the sample inside the tank and uniformity of temperature
- A set of Test tubes along with a fixture to hold samples inside the tank
- Standard: ASTM D1693-15
Technical Specifications of Presto ESCR tester
- Power : 220 V, 50 Hz, single
- Temperature Range (For Silicone Oil): From ambient to 250° C.
- Temperature Range(For Water): Ambient to 90ºC
- Least Count/Resolution: 0.1ºC
- Accuracy: ± 2ºC
- Display: LED(Digital)
- Motor: 1/70 HP, 1350 RPM
- No of stations: Six.
- Material of Construction: Inner bath: Stainless Steel
- Outer body: Mild Steel duly powder coated
- Accessories: Cutting dies, nicking jig, bending cum transfer tool, and Aluminum foil – 1 no. Specimen holder, Test tube, and Rubber cork – 6 nos. each.
- Paint: Powder coated
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for plastic product manufacturers to conduct environmental stress cracking resistance tests
on the materials. You can read more about environmental stress cracking
here. Now, let us focus on the three easy-to-follow steps for installing the Presto ESCR tester.
How to install Presto ESCR tester with three easy steps?
If you want to install this high-quality lab testing instrument
then you can follow the three easy steps mentioned below.
- Remove the packing and place the instrument on a flat surface preferably a concrete shelf.
- A single-phase socket should be near the ESCR instrument.
- Place the machine at a distance of 1 ft. clear from the wall.
In this way, you can easily install the Presto ESCR testing machine
and conduct the quality test on the materials with ease. To conduct a Free sample testing session
for this quality lab testing equipment then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like