5 Points to Remember while Purchasing Ultra Low Deep Freezer
Freezing refrigerators are no longer a part of just ice cream parlours and household furniture. They have become a vital segment of life science, pharmaceutical and clinical laboratories, where they are utilized for long-term sample preservation at precise temperatures and testing of materials at ultra low freezing temperature. As this equipment is supposed to preserve sensitive samples and also for testing material behaviour, they are expected to function continuously for a long time period. Hence, it is important to make the right decision while making the right purchase. He re we bring you few important points to keep in mind while buying an ultra low deep freezer for your use.
Freezing refrigerators’ technology has changed a lot and got advanced in the past few decades. Therefore, those who haven’t purchased one in the past few years will now get to experience a higher and upgraded version of the market. To assure that you don’t fall for fancy features and get the right thing for your lab, we brought you some important points to look for while finalizing a deal.
- Types of freezers - There are a variety of designs available in the market, all of which have distinct features and benefits. They are designed differently for certain laboratories and applications. For instance, the chest freezers are more efficient when it comes ultra-low cooling compared to the upright design, but due to space limitation, many laboratories are now preferring the upright one.
- Refrigerant – Freezers using CFC free refrigerants is a big NO for all verticals. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) have been found to cause the depletion of the ozone layer which prevents ultraviolet radiations of the sun from coming on the earth. Hence, CFC free refrigerants are the need of today.
- Warm up time - Good manufacturers will definitely provide data related to the warm-up time of the freezer, as well as the power consumption rate. Look for features such as effective insulation, door gaskets and doors locks which will help you in lowering the power consumption and increase the warm-up time.
- Temperature uniformity - Assess and compare the uniformity of the freezer. Keep in mind that uniformity tends to be better when the freezer is fully loaded. Maybe a fan of a device equipped in the machine can maintain uniformity throughout the freezer.
- Avoid frost build up - Frost build-up is an inevitable nuisance while using freezers. Features like efficient insulation, claw latches can help to avoid this issue.
Presto brings one such efficient ultra low deep freezer for laboratory and industrial use. It is a unique test cabinet designed to create temperature inside the chamber to detect the change in the physical characteristics of the material and to ascertain the actual working life of the testing device.
Want to know more? Contact our team here and get a quotation along with all the required details about the machine.