Welded joints are critical components in many structures and are often subjected to significant loads and stresses. A weak or faulty welded joint can compromise the structural integrity of a structure. Testing the tensile strength of welded joints can help identify any weaknesses or defects in the joint that may compromise its structural integrity. This information can be used to make necessary repairs or modifications to the joint to ensure its strength and reliability. Thus, we at Presto have designed high-quality lab testing instruments known as tensile strength testers. This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that work on the principle of a constant rate of the traverse.
During the test, the sample is held between two jaws. The upper jaw is stationary, while the lower jaw is made to move at a designated fixed speed with the help of a motor. In this blog, we are going to discuss brief information about tensile strength testers and why it is important to test welded joints for their tensile strength. So, let us get started!
Importance of testing the tensile strength of welded joints in structural steel
Welded joints are critical components in the load-bearing structures of buildings and other infrastructure. Any weakness or failure in a welded joint can have catastrophic consequences, including the collapse of the structure.
Testing the tensile strength of welded joints can help prevent costly repairs or replacements later on. Identifying weaknesses or deficiencies in the welding process early on can allow for corrective action to be taken before the structure is put into service, reducing the risk of failure and associated costs.
Thus, it is important for the manufacturers to test the tensile strength of welded joints
and ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers. Presto offers a high-quality tensile strength testing instrument
that is used to test the tensile properties of the materials and ensure that quality material will be delivered to the customers. Presto is a leading tensile tester manufacturer
and offers this quality testing equipment at the best price.
Now, let us discuss brief information about Presto tensile strength testing instrument.
All about Presto tensile strength tester
The Presto Tensile Strength Testing Instrument is a reliable and versatile testing machine used for measuring the tensile strength and elongation of various materials such as plastics, rubber, and metal parts. This digital testing instrument consists of two jaws that move at a designated speed with the help of a motor.
The instrument has a user-friendly interface with a digital display that shows real-time test data such as load, elongation, and time. It is equipped with a high-precision load cell and a robust crosshead that can withstand high loads and tensile forces. The crosshead movement is controlled by a servo motor, which ensures precise and accurate results.
This testing equipment will widely help to test the durability of metals
. It has been designed as per industry standards that include ASTM D412, ASTM D429-73, ASTM D624, and ASTM D638-01
. When testing the tensile strength of the materials one can accurately determine whether the material is suitable for delivery or not.
It has been equipped with high-end features that make it suitable for testing the tensile strength of materials. Below we have listed the features of this quality testing instrument.
Features of Presto Tensile Strength Tester Cap 2500KG
- Advanced load sensor sensing through advanced electronics.
- Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature and repeatability
- Cross-head travel length: 750mm grip to grip
- Double-column rugged structure
- Safety limit switches for over-travel safety
- Hardened lead screws for frictionless movement
- Load cell calibrated by NABL-approved proving ring/dynamometers
- High accurate micro-controller based system controls
- Peak Hold facility available
- Bright LED display
- Immediate analysis of results after the test with complete accuracy & precision
- Feather touch controls
- Specially designed gripper jaws for holding fragile samples.
- Another capacity is available as per requirement.
- Wintest one-way communication software.
- Graph of Force vs Elongation
- Easy Data management. Users can create product Identification, Sample ID, Shape of Specimen, Company Name, operator details, etc.
- Auto cut-off facility.
- AC Speed drive as an optional accessory (Variable Test Speed)
Technical specifications of Presto tensile strength tester cap 2500 KG
- Motor: 3 Phase Induction motor, 5HP, RPM - 1440
- Power Consumption: 0.76 - 3.72 KW
- Display: Digital (LED)
- Standards: ASTM D412, ASTM D429-73, ASTM D624, ATM D638-01, ASTM D76, IS 13360-5-7, IS 3400(Part1-1987).
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily test the tensile properties of the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers. You can read more about what happens to the material during tensile testing
If you need any further information about the use of this quality testing equipment or tensile tester price, then give us a call at +919210 903 903
or email us a query
to know more about this lab testing instrument.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like