In automotive industry, measuring the thickness of the surface is a very crucial task. Due to complicated groove structure at some points, the measurement not only becomes difficult but sometimes impossible with conventional methods. An intelligent measuring system is very important in this industry. MagnaMike 8600 is becoming the choice of different manufacturers. As it works on hall-effect principle and works with very small and flexible targets, it give accurate measurements without any hassle.
What Is Hall Effect?
Hall effect is the electrical principle in which potential difference get produced across an electrical conductor, transverse to the electrical current and perpendicular to the applied magnetic field in the conductor. To put it simply, every time there is a change in the magnetic field and electric current applied to the conductor, there produces a potential difference. Based on this hall-effect sensors are designed. These sensors are widely used for the thickness measurement of the non-ferrous materials.
What is Magna-Mike 8600?
MagnaMike 8600 is an intelligent wall thickness measuring device that works on the hall-effect principle. The device is designed with simplicity and gives very accurate measurements. It has a magnetic probe and a target (which could be a ball, wire or disk, choice can be made as per the requirement). The probe tip has a hall-effect sensor that converts the difference between the target and tip into electrical signal. The target and tip remains on the either side of the surface and scan across the surface. There will be deflection in the readings if there is any uncertainty on the surface.
Features of Thickness Gauge
• The probe comes with wearable tips having straight, right angle and low profile articulating.
• The replaceable tips come in 3 shapes – standard, chisel and extended wear.
• Target ball is available in 3 sizes – 3/16, 1/16, 1/8. Apart from that wire or disk can be chosen as a target.
• It can measure thickness up to 25.4mm / 1 Inch.
• It has large coloured VGA display.
• It has 3 output ports, RS 232, Micro USB and VGA.
• Measurement update rate is 60Hz.
• It has alphanumeric data logger
• It allows to save and recall calibration files
• Data files can be exported through MicroSD card, in 2 formats; CSV and .txt.
• New accessory kits (Calibration kits)
• It comes with a complete calibration kit.
• Disk Kit
• Wire target kit
• Low-profile probe kit
Presto Stantest is the authorized supplier of Olympus’s MagnaMike 8600
. For any product related queries, call our experts today.
To know more information about its features, price, and technical specifications, give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
you may also like