How to Increase Scuff Resistance of Labels?
In print and packaging industry, along with the contents of the packing information about it is also being transported. Certain packings carry crucial information, like handling instruction, consumption and composition, instruction, storage, etc. This information is usually printed on the labels and may erode due to friction during transportation. It not only degrades the appearance of the packing but also lose some important message which a manufacturer wants to convey to its customer.
How to enhance the quality of the labels?
Label Legibility is very important to hold. To enhance the quality, first, you should know the quality of your labels. How would it behave in intended working conditions? Some tests, you need to perform to analyse the sustenance. Scuff resistance tester
simulates the real-time friction in an accelerated manner. The performance of the labels can be analysed on the basis of a number of rotations it can survive. You can use this method for comparative analysis of your current printing production with the past process. Also, this method can be used for analysing the quality of the labels. If your labels are sustaining 500 rotations, you may take appropriate measures, so that it should survive 700 rotations. You may reconsider your printing process, or may use application of plastic film as a protective covering.
This testing helps you in analysing the performance of printing process if you are experimenting with the new vendor or brand of inks or new vendor of printing paper.
• Motorised Weight arrangement on plunger for noise-free working
• Highly accurate test results under uniform load and specified diameter.
• Uniform load by weights on test sample for evenness in testing
• Provision of Set number of counts through Digital Preset Counter
• Firm hold of test specimen by circular clips/clamps
• Motorised Geared system for scuff movement
• Digital Presettable counters up to 9999 counts
• Highly accurate and precise results under uniform load and rubbing clamp movement
Presto is the leading manufacturer and supplier of Scuff resistance tester and other testing instrument for paper and packaging industry. If you are looking for high-end testing instruments for your industry, call our experts and they will help you in making the right selection.