Tensile testing is one of the most commonly used testing procedures in a wide range of industries. It is meant to determine the tensile strength of the materials which are used in the industries for manufacturing of distinct products. In this blog we will discuss on major precaution to be taken while performing tensile strength test.
For best quality analysis, it is essential to obey the strict specifications given in the standards while conducting the tensile test. There should not be any errors that may affect the test results.
Here are some of the precautions that must be taken while performing the test to ensure accurate results;
• The test specimen must be prepared in a dumbbell shape following the exact dimensions as given in the related test standard.
• The grips used in the testing machine must be properly serrated so that there is no chance of slippage of the specimen.
• If the specimen breaks due to any reason, other than the tensile stress, the test procedure should be discarded, and a new test must be performed on a fresh specimen.
• The misalignment of the specimen should not be allowed during the test.
• The thickness of the specimen should be according to the related standard.
To ensure a high-quality testing method, opt for the advanced and efficient Presto tensile testing Machine.
It is used in different industries for ensuring the best quality of products with accurate testing and analysis of the tensile strength of materials. It is an ASTM standardized testing machine that helps in evaluating the tensile strength of the product. It functions on the basis of the Constant rate of Traverse (CRT) principle.
Other than ASTM D412, it complies with various international test standards like ASTM D429-73, ASTM D624, ATM D638-01, ASTM D76, IS 13360-5-7 and IS 3400.
• Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature
• Cross head travel length of 700mm grip to grip
• Single column rugged structure
• Hardened lead screws for frictionless movement
• Load cell calibrated by NABL approved
• Highly accurate micro-controller based system controls
• Peak Hold facility available
• Immediate analysis of results after test with accuracy
• Maintain a constant speed while the test is running (+/- 2 inches/min)
• Allow high elongation as per the materials
• Have load capacity as per the sample’s weight
Hence, the above mentioned precaution are to be taken while performing tensile strength test and with the best tensile testing machine there will be no space for errors.
So, loosen up your stress and experience error free tensile testing methods!
you may also like