Presto Salt Spray Chamber - leading Corrosion Tester
The Presto Salt Spray Chamber is one of India’s most advanced and versatile corrosion testers. It is utilized for calculating the corrosion resistance of the surface coating of any metal specimen in an unsuitable atmospheric condition.
In today’s competitive world, Presto’s testing instruments are making an initiative for fast-growing industries, so that they can ensure a high-quality product to the world and built their reputation worldwide.
Presto's Salt Spray (Fog) Testing Chamber is the answer to high quality with certifications like JIS Z 2371, ASTM B117 – 11, IS: 5528, IS: 6910 (R2003).
How is the Salt Spray Chamber used to check the corrosion resistance?
This Corrosion tester is based on ‘The salt spray or salt fog test method’. It is basically an accelerated corrosion test which recreates an artificial atmosphere responsible for corrosion of metallic materials. It helps in evaluating the rate and time of corrosion, a metal or surface coating would take depending upon its quality.
The Salt Spray chamber contains a testing chamber, where a salt water solution is atomized through spray method utilizing pressurized air. This procedure results into a corrosive atmosphere of dense salt water fog inside the chamber. The exposed metal specimen will eventually reveal the rate of corrosion it can withstand.
In the testing process, cycles of corrosion are set in the salt spray chamber with the pure solution of salt water spray in order to calculate the resistance ability of the surface coating on metal products. The rounds or cycles of the test are set as per the requirement.
In one statement, Salt Spray Chamber predicts the future of your product!
Why go for a Salt Spray Test Chamber
• Within a short period of time, you can get the corrosion testing result of a long yearly environmental process by saving your cost as well.
• The range of sample sizes can be tested at one time.
• Easy to handle the machinery equipped with latest technologies like Touch-screen facility.
What Salt Spray Chamber offers?
• The Temperature Ranges from Ambient to 45°C with Temperature Accuracy of +/- 2°C
• Equipped with Solid State Digital Programmable Temperature Controller/ Indicator with unique zero corrosion PT 100 Sensor
• An air regulator ranging from 0 to 30 psi along with moisture/oil filter is situated.
• Body made of FRP–Fiber Reinforced Plastic