To test the quality of materials, different test procedures are performed on the products such as tensile test, compression test, bursting test, environmental test, and many more. One of the widely used test methods that explain the quality of the products is the ‘universal test’ which comprises of tension and compression test both.
This testing is performed to determine the point of fracture on the material when it is subjected to tension or compression forces. The testing procedure helps the manufacturers and test engineers to decide the factor of safety for the products. It also measures the maximum amount of force that a material can bear before it fails and hence decides the suitability of the product for the specific application.
Talk to our experts to know which instrument can be the perfect fit for universal testing in your industry.
How can universal testing be performed?
The best way to perform the universal test is through Computerised Universal Testing Machine or UTM.
To perform the test with UTM, the sample is placed between the two jaws and clamped firmly to perform either tension or compression test. Once the sample is placed in its right position, the jaws are pulled apart to apply tension on the sample. The tension is applied to the sample until it reaches the fracture point. When the fracture occurs, due to any of the test, the force applied to the specimen is recorded to measure strength and quality of the material.
• Speed control through variable frequency drive automation by Graphic user interface PC
• Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature and repeatability
• Cross head travel length of 800 mm without grips
• Twin column rugged structure
• Safety limit switches for over travel safety
• Hardened ball screws for frictionless movement
• Advanced Navigation System
• High accurate micro-controller based system with integrated software
• User-Friendly software with intuitive icons and robust architecture
• Easy Data Management. User programmable with product identification, lot no., the shape of the specimen, company name, and operator details etc.
• USB compatible with high-speed data transfer
Get more details on the technical specification of UTM, click here.
The universal testing is used to assess the quality of a variety of materials in domestic and industrial fronts. It is performed on various products in different production units such as metals products, rubber goods, packaging cartons, ghee or milk containers, plastic containers and many more. Testing with universal testing machine helps the manufacturers to perform more than one test on the samples for best analysis of the properties of the products.
you may also like
Get information about new product launches, research, innovation and endeavors at Presto.download Free Copy
Please fill this form
Call on +91 9210 903 903