Colors play an important role in determining the quality of a product. A product's color can influence a customer's perceptions of the quality of the product, as well as their overall impression of the brand. As a result, it is important to ensure that the colors of your products are consistent and free of Metamerism. To ease your work of testing the consistency of colors, we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the color matching cabinet. This lab testing instrument will provide you with a highly standardized environment that is helpful in the evaluation and visual assessment of colors. In this blog, we are going to provide you with information about what precautions you must take while performing the color matching test with the help of the Presto color matching testing instrument. But before that, we will discuss Metamerism and why it is important to remove it.
What is Metamerism and why you should remove it?
Metamerism is an optical phenomenon that occurs when two colors match less than one light source but appear different under another light source. This can be a problem for products that are going to be viewed in different lighting conditions. To avoid this issue, it is important to test products under various lighting conditions to ensure that the colors remain consistent. This will help to ensure that customers have a positive experience with your product and that they continue to purchase it in the future.
To remove the problem of Metamerism, the product manufacturers will easily make use of the Presto color matching testing instrument that has been equipped with several light sources to make sure that your product will remain at the top of the condition. From large samples to small testing samples, you can easily evaluate the color consistency of products.
Several light sources used in this testing equipment, are as follows:
- D 65 – Artificial daylight – 2 Nos. (6500 K, CIE D 66, Average North Sky Daylight)
- INCA A – Incandescent Light – 4 1 Nos.
- TL 84 Light – Point of Sale – 1 No.
- UVB Light – Ultra Violet – 1 No.
- CWF Light – Cool White Florescent – 1 No. (4150K, typical slone / office light wideband)
- UL 30 Light – Ultra Loom 30 – 1 No.
By using these light sources, you can easily test the consistency of colors present in the product. You can also read about the importance of color-matching cabinets
in several industries.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto color matching cabinet.
Features of Presto color matching cabinet- Asia
The Color Matching Cabinet
is a color matching instrument
that is used to measure product color under various light circumstances. This testing instrument consists of numerous lights that are used to match the vibrancy of colors in various sources of light so that the product appears the same regardless of the lights on it. The Color Matching Cabinet
is a valuable tool for industry professionals who need to ensure that their products are consistently colored regardless of lighting conditions. With its ability to replicate various light sources, the Color Matching Cabinet
is an essential testing instrument
for anyone who needs to match colors accurately.
It has been equipped with several features that are mentioned below:
- Standardized and controlled lighting conditions.
- Wide Viewing Area
- High-Quality Light sources were used.
- Standards: ISO 3664, BS 950, ASTM D 1729, DIN 6173
- Suitable for all applications, that demand color consistency, and quality.
- It makes use of multiple light sources or lamps to detect the phenomenon of Metamerism.
- Various light sources include artificial daylight, cool white light, tungsten filament light, ultraviolet black light, and Triphosphor light.
Technical Specifications of Presto color matching cabinet
- The equipment is fitted with FIVE Light Sources as per CIE International Standards:
- D – 65 – Artificial daylight – 2 Nos.
- TFL Light-Tungsten Filament – 4 Nos.
- TL – 84 Light-Point of Sale – 1No.
- UVB Light-Ultra Violet – 1 No.
- CWF Light-Cool white fluorescent – 1 no.
- Hour Meter-Imported from Germany to record the cumulative usage.
- The angle of the viewing booth – is 45 degree
- Viewing Booth Material – Wood or Steel
- Time Totalizer – up to 99999.9 hours
- The Presto color matching cabinet is manufactured strictly as per ASTM standards and comes complete with an instruction manual and conformance certificate.
Now, let us discuss some points to remember while using the color-matching cabinet.
Top 3 precautions you should remember while using color matching cabinet
- Whenever you make use of color-matching testing equipment, you must make sure that all lamps must be charged.
- When you switch ON the color matching cabinet, make sure that no two switches will be ON together. This would result in inaccurate test results.
- Make sure that the wall behind the cabinet should be finished in light grey.
With these top 3 precautions, it will be easy for you to test the color consistency of products and use a color-matching cabinet wisely. To get a FREE sample testing session
, using this testing instrument give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will assure you to provide you with the right information for your queries.
you may also like