Packaging films are a great option for protecting your products so that they reach their destination in pristine condition. These packaging films can also provide a barrier between the product and the environment. It is important for the packaging manufacturers to test the quality of films against freely falling darts in order to deliver accurate products to the customers. Thus, we at Presto is considered to be the leading manufacturer of dart impact tester, one of the quality lab testing instrument that is used to test the quality of materials with ease. This quality lab testing equipment is widely used in the packaging and plastic, and polymer industries to test the materials against freely falling darts. Here in this blog, we will discuss a brief about how you can easily test the quality of packaging films with the help of the Presto dart impact tester. But before that, let us discuss the use of plastic films in the packaging industry.
What are packaging films and for what purpose you can use them?
Packaging films are generally used in the packaging industry to protect products from damage during shipping and storage. They also act as a barrier between products and the environment, keeping them safe without getting any damage. Packaging films are widely used in the industry like PET, HDPE, PS, PVC, LDPE, and PP. Each has its own unique properties that make it ideal for certain applications. PET films are the most commonly used type of film in the packaging industry. They are durable, lightweight, and have high tear strength. They are also water resistant, which makes them ideal to deliver products accurately to the customers.
Testing the quality of these films against freely falling darts
is an important part of the quality control process and ensures manufacturers make sure accurate products are delivered to their customers. The prima model of this high-quality lab testing equipment
is based on the electromagnetic hold and release mechanism for the dart to obtain accurate testing results. It comes with a user-friendly HMI-based touchscreen model with a drop height adjustment clamp to make it easy for the users to conduct the dart impact test
. Now, let us discuss brief information about the Presto dart impact testing instrument.
Introduction about Presto dart impact tester
We all know plastic films are prone to get damaged under dart impact force applied on the materials. When this dart will be fallen from a certain height then it will rupture these films. A poor quality packaging film will easily resist these impact forces and is considered to be less durable. To ensure that there will be no damage occurring while delivering the materials to the customers, it is important for the packaging manufacturers to conduct the dart impact test
on these plastic films. This is where the Presto falling dart impact tester
plays a significant role. This high-quality lab testing instrument
will easily determine the impact resistance strength of these films against freely falling darts. When the dart will be dropped from a certain height then its weight will send a certain amount of energy to the tested specimen. Under these conditions, the specimen will easily get ruptured or will fail when dart impact force will be applied to the materials. By using the Presto dart impact tester, one can easily ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Features of Presto dart impact tester
With the wide use of flexible packaging films in the packaging industry, it is important for manufacturers to conduct the dart impact test on these materials to ensure that the right products will be delivered. Presto dart impact testing equipment plays a crucial role in determining the quality of these films. This high-quality lab testing equipment has been equipped with advanced features that we have listed below.
- Built on a rigid metallic base.
- Strong Electromagnetic dart holder.
- Dart released at the press of a button.
- Reliable, the fast and accurate measurement of variable heights.
- Electromagnetic Hold and release mechanism for dart
- Drop Height adjustable clamp
- Inbuilt Digital counter for counting the number of falls during a single test operation
- Circular annular clamping devices for zero slippage
- Shielding structure to prevent the dart from falling out after bouncing from the sample
- Strong base plate with rugged structure
- Clamping Shield height-adjustable collar
- Standard: IS 2508:1984(R2003), ASTM D1709-16A.
Technical Specifications of dart impact tester
- Inside diameter of clamp: 127mm
- Diameter of dart head: Method A – 38 mm, Method B - 50.8 mm ± 0.13 mm
- Height of fall:660 mm and 1524 mm(Adjustable)
- Maximum weight holding capacity of Dart Holding Mechanism: 2Kg
- Dart Head Material: Method A - Phenolic & Method B - Steel
- Least Count of Height Adjustable Clamp: 1 mm
- Type of test: Free-Falling Dart
- Release Mechanism: Electromagnetic dart hold/release mechanism
- Clamping Unit: Circular annular clamping unit with zero slippage
- Counter: Digital.
- A vacuum Pump of CFM 1.8, 1/4 Hp Motor is provided with it.
- Electrical Requirement: Single Phase 220 V AC
These advanced features and technical specifications of the Presto dart impact tester
will ensure accuracy in product testing. You can also read about the use of dart impact tester in the packaging industry
. If you wish to conduct a free sample testing session for this high-quality lab testing equipment
, then you can simply call us at call at +91 9210903903 or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will easily assess you regarding all your queries.