In most packaging processes that involve foil as the final barrier to moisture, oxygen, and light there is a concern about the incidence of punctures in the foil. These punctures can be created as the foil is being rolled in thin sheets when particles are rolled into the foil, these are called micro voids. The most common defect is caused by the handling of the packages during the assembly of the foil with the product. In this blog section, we will discuss the role of vacuum leak tester in ensuring high quality of pouches.
There are several technologies utilized for checking for punctures in foil pouches. The most renowned method applied majorly in industries is Vacuum decay. It is a method where the pouch is placed into a sealed chamber and a vacuum is applied. This vacuum will create a pressure differential from the inside of the pouch to the outside. After it is switched off the vacuum level is monitored and a change is measured. If a puncture exists there will be a change that is larger than one expected due to imperfections in the test chamber. This method will work unless the pouch has a very large puncture or it is not sealed. In this case, there will not be a change in the vacuum decay measurement.
A high-quality vacuum leak tester is required to accurately determine the tiniest of the leaky opening in the packing. To ensure best results, it is important to conduct the test on an ideal testing instrument. It is a type of packaging testing instrument.
It is manufactured under various Test Standards ASTM D 4991-07(2015), ASTM F 2338-09(2013).
Few Key features we offer:
• Microprocessor-based display for accuracy and repeatability in test results
• Meets USP 28 Packaging Practice specification for standardized performance
• Automatic sample testing through easy vacuum mechanism, reducing the need of operator attention.
• Pressure, Inlet Vacuum Pressure setting and Pre-set Timer functions incorporated for an advanced level of testing experience.
• Changeable Timer Units in Hrs: min: sec for setting required time parameter.
• Inbuilt Calibration facility to assure accuracy as per industry and product.
• Pressure display for easy pressure monitoring and manging as per requirement.
• Stainless steel body for corrosion resistant finish offers a long life working conditions.