The T-peel test or T-peel adhesion test is a widely used quality test that can be used to evaluate the bond strength between two adhered surfaces. By quantifying the peel ability of different packaging materials, one can easily ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a peel/seal/bond adhesion tester that is used to quantify the permanence of adhesion or peel ability of self-adhesive pressure-sensitive materials. This quality testing equipment has been designed to test the material under specified test conditions from the plate at a specified angle and speed.
This testing equipment has been designed as per ASTM standards that will deliver highly accurate lab testing results. In this blog, we will discuss brief information about the T-peel test and how you can easily perform this quality test with the help of this quality testing equipment.
Introduction to T-peel test
The T-peel test is a commonly used mechanical test to evaluate the adhesion strength of bonded materials, particularly in applications like flexible packaging, adhesive tapes, and laminated films. This test measures the force required to separate two layers of a material that have been bonded together at their edges in a T-shaped configuration. It provides insights into the adhesive bond's strength, cohesion, and integrity of the material.
To perform a T-peel test
on the material, manufacturers can easily make the use of right laboratory testing equipment
known as the Presto peel strength tester
This is one of the high-quality laboratory testing equipment that is strictly manufactured with ASTM standards and is highly recommended for use in the plastic packaging industry. Now, let us discuss brief information about this quality testing equipment.
All about Presto peel adhesion tester
The Presto Peel Adhesion Tester is an advanced testing instrument designed for evaluating the adhesive strength of various materials. Equipped with a microprocessor-based display, this peel bond tester ensures precise and reliable test results. The instrument prominently displays the peel adhesive strength of the test specimen, providing valuable insights into the material's bonding capabilities.
Its exceptional accuracy under force guarantees dependable measurements. This adhesive peel strength testing machine features robust gripping clamps specifically designed for performing 180-degree peel tests, replicating real-world scenarios effectively.
The bright LED display enhances visibility, while the inbuilt calibration facility contributes to maintaining measurement accuracy. The tester's feather-touch controls add to the user-friendly experience, making it a versatile and valuable tool for quality control and research purposes.
Now, let us discuss brief information about the features and technical specifications of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto peel strength tester
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Display for Peel Adhesive strength of test specimen
- Highly accurate test results under force.
- Strong gripping clamps to perform the Peel test at 180
- Bright LED display
- Inbuilt calibration facility
- Feather touch controls
Technical specifications of Presto peel strength tester
- Load Cell Capacity: 20Kgf
- Display: LED (Digital) 7 segment
- Accuracy: ± 1% at full load (with master load)
- Least Count/Resolution: 0.020 Kgf
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Test Speed: 300 mm/min± 5%
- Memory: After perform the test max. value save in memory
- Grip Separation: Min. 25 mm & Max. 300 mm
- Safety Switch: Yes
- Material: Mild Steel
With these high-end features and technical specifications, manufacturers can easily conduct quality tests on the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Now, let us discuss how you can easily conduct a peel strength test on the materials.
How to conduct a peel strength test on the materials?
If you want to conduct a peel strength test on adhesives then you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- When initiating the test using this laboratory equipment, begin by preparing the specimen. Once the specimen is ready for the peel test, proceed to operate the machine.
- To operate the equipment, connect it to a 5-amp, 220-volt AC power source and turn the machine ON.
- Following this, insert the upper part of the specimen between the fixed upper grips and securely tighten the grip.
- Subsequently, raise the lower movable grip to accommodate the specimen comfortably within the grips, ensuring a minimum distance of 25 mm with the lower limit switch ring.
- Next, position the lower end of the specimen between the lower grips and firmly secure the grip, ensuring the specimen is centred within the grips.
- With the specimen accurately positioned for the peel test, you are ready to initiate the testing process.
In this way, you can easily operate the Presto peel strength tester and can easily commence the test. If you want more information about the use of this quality testing equipment, you can give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our technical experts will get in touch with you and guide you well regarding your queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra