Adhesives are used in a wide variety of applications in the packaging industry. There is a wide range of products that are packed with adhesives and each of them will be optimized for specific purposes. These fast-bonded materials need to be tested for their peel ability. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality peel strength tester that will be helpful in testing the permanence or peel ability of adhesives and other pressure-sensitive materials. Knowing the peel strength of an adhesive can be extremely important when choosing the correct product for a given application. Here in this article, we are going to provide you with the information about Presto peel strength tester and how this lab testing instrument is useful in testing the peel ability of plastics.
What is the peel strength of adhesives?
Adhesive packaging is a material that is used to attach two or more pieces of the packaging together. It can be made of a variety of materials, and in a variety of industries to bond the materials together. The use of adhesives in the packaging industry is becoming increasingly important as the industry as new packaging techniques have been implemented in the packaging industry. Adhesives are a key component in producing eco-friendly packaging and can help to reduce waste and save money.
Testing the peel strength of adhesives can help find a suitable adhesive for a particular application. Adhesives that have high peel strength can withstand higher forces than adhesives with a low peel strength. Besides this, there are many benefits of having a high peel strength of adhesives
as they can easily bond well with the substrate for a longer time. If you are looking for a high-quality peel strength tester
for testing your products effectively, then you must go with Presto peel / Seal / Bond and Adhesion Tester Digital model
. Presto is a leading manufacturer of peel strength testing instruments
and offers you different models of this high-quality testing equipment.
Introduction about Presto peel tester
Presto has introduced an advanced lab testing instrument that will help the packaging industry to test the peel ability of adhesives and other related materials. This high-quality lab testing equipment designed by the experts at Presto is capable of producing high peel forces which will provide a precise analysis of the adhesive strength of the testing specimen. The peel-away tester for tape is highly recommended in QC labs and mainstream production chains where the specimen will be tested for its peel ability.
The main purpose of using this high-quality lab testing equipment is to study the adhesion properties of materials that are meant for creating high forces on the materials. You can read about the significance of peel strength tester
in the packaging industry.
Features of Presto peel strength tester (digital)
The adhesive properties of adhesives can be used to improve the performance of the materials they are used on. For example, adhesive tapes can be used to hold containers together during shipping. An adhesive with high peeling ability will serve to be more useful in terms of creating a high bond with the materials. Below we have listed the features of the Presto peel strength tester:
- High testing ranges from 5 kgf to 20 kgf
- Vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of the test specimen
- Highly sensitive Z-type load cell sensor for accurate analysis of load
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine
- Powder-coated body with corrosion resistance
- Available in different capacities as per client’s requirements
Technical Specifications of Presto peel strength tester
- Maximum Load range: 5-20 kgf
- Grip to Grip Span: 300 mm
- Test Speed Range: 300 mm per min ± 5%.
- Load Monitoring: Peak Load indicator with digital readout and peak hold feature
- Load Sensor: Universal Z-type Load Cell.
- Clamping mechanism: Vice-type clamping Grips standard width-15 mm.
- Load accuracy: ±0.5% full scale (with the master load.)
- Least count: 20 kgf/ 0.002
- Load Cell Over-load safety: <80% of the total load.
- Safety Feature: Up and down fixed and movable mechanical limit switch.
- Over Load relay contact rating: Potential free relay 5 Amp. 220 V AC single phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing required corresponding to not more than 4 V AC with respect to neutral