Plastic films are widely used for coating and wrapping different kinds of packaging materials. With its wide use in different industries, these materials should be tested thoroughly against sliding friction. If the coefficient of friction of these films will be high, then they will easily slide over each other. This can cause accidents while transporting and shipping the products. Thus, we at Presto have come up with a high-quality lab testing instrument known as the coefficient of friction tester. This is one of the premium quality lab testing machines that has been used by packaging product manufacturers to test the sliding friction of materials like plastic films, composites, plastic sheets, laminates, and much more. Here, we are going to provide you with information about how you can easily prevent accidents that occur due to friction with the help of this lab testing equipment.
What is a COF test and why you should conduct it?
A COF test is a type of quality test used to measure the friction between two surfaces. The COF tester is often used to test the friction between the surface of materials like plastic films, laminates, etc., and the substrate on which these materials will be placed.
When the coefficient of friction of these materials will be low then it will signify that low force will be required to move the materials or slide them against each other. A high COF will indicate that much force will be needed for the material to move. This test will be widely conducted in the packaging industries where the use of plastic films, sheets, or laminates will be very high. By taking COF tests on the materials, users can easily ensure the best quality of films
delivered to the customers.
To conduct a co-efficient of friction test
on the materials, users can easily make use of the Presto co-efficient of friction tester. This is one of the amazing lab testing instruments that will help you to test the quality of materials and the rate at which these materials will slide against each other. You can read more about the COF test and its role in the packaging industry
. Now, let us focus on how the Presto COF tester helps to test the frictional properties of the materials.
How to use Presto COF tester?
The Presto COF tester is an essential testing instrument for paper and packaging manufacturers who work to pack the products effectively. The COF tester measures the static and sliding friction of the materials when sliding against each other. The digital model of this lab testing instrument has been made in accordance with industry standards that include ASTM D618, ASTM D 883, BS 2782, and ASTM D 1894 to make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct the co-efficient of friction test.
This lab testing instrument will easily reveal the stackability of plastic films and the degree of the slide they can sustain without damaging the contents.
In order to conduct the COF test on the materials, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To conduct the COF test on the materials, you need to prepare the sample first.
- Once you prepare the sample for a coefficient of friction test, then you need to place it accurately on this lab testing machine.
- You must tighten the sample across the glass slab with the help of fly screws attached to the corner.
- Take the slide block to the extreme left using the toggle switch.
- Now attach the test block to the slide block with the help of a string in such a manner that the load cell must not touch the fly clamp.
Once the specimen will be placed properly, then you can easily commence the test. You can read about the steps to commence the coefficient of friction test
. Now, let us discuss the features and technical specifications of this lab testing instrument.
Features of Presto COF tester- a digital model
Presto is a leading manufacturer of Co-efficient of friction testers in India and provides you with this amazing lab testing equipment at the best and most affordable prices. This lab testing instrument has been equipped with advanced features that include:
- Clamps are provided to attach samples on the glass slab.
- Safety switches are provided at the end surface to stop the motion of the load cell along with the weight.
- Gives both dynamic and static friction.
- Speed regulating knob.
- Digital display for both kinetic and dynamic friction.
- Calibrated in accordance with ISO norms, Calibration Certificate provided traceable to (NABL).
Technical Specifications of Presto COF tester- Digital model
- Outer Body Construction: Mild Steel, Powder Coated
- Sample Mounting Construction: Stainless steel with glass mounting
- Load Cell Capacity: 5Kgf
- Motor: Single phase, ¼ H.P
- Display for load- Dual Display: Digital and Computerized
- Block: Weight, Dimension, Thickness- 200gm, 63.5 x 63.5 mm, As per Load
- Speed: 150±30mm/min
- Standards: ASTM D1894, ASTM D202, ASTM D4918, ISO 8295 and TAPPI T815
- Power Supply: 220 V AC, 50 Hz, Single Phase Power Supply
- Safety: Limit Switch
- Weight of slide Clamp: 200g
- Accuracy: 2.5%
- Least Count: 1g
With these features and technical specifications, you can easily commence the co-efficient of friction test on the materials. This lab testing instrument will allow the users to measure the coefficient of friction on the materials
in a standardized way. If you want to conduct a FREE
sample testing session of this lab testing equipment, then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and requirements.