Adhesives play a vital role in ensuring the proper integrity of packages. In ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of these adhesives, it becomes crucial to test their peel ability. With Presto peel strength tester, manufacturers of the paper and packaging industry can easily test the peel ability of materials and quantify their permanence of adhesion. Presto is a leading peel strength tester manufacturer and designs this quality testing equipment with the latest next-gen features.
These features will make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct peel adhesion tests on the pressure-sensitive materials. If the packaging material has poor adhesive strength then it may lose its adhesive strength and get fail during shipping. Thus, it is important for the manufacturers of the paper and packaging industry to test the peel ability of pressure-sensitive materials so that they will not fail in between shipping and transportation.
In this article, we will discuss brief information about why it is important to test the peel ability of adhesives and how you can effectively make use of a Presto peel strength tester
to conduct a peel strength test and determine the quality of the product. So, let us get started!
Determine the Durability of Adhesives by Testing Their Peel Strength
Adhesives have become increasingly important in the packaging industry as companies look for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency. Adhesives can provide a strong and durable connection that can withstand the rigours of shipping.
As a result, adhesives play a crucial role in ensuring that products arrive safely at their destination. With the ever-increasing demand for packaging, it is clear that adhesives will continue to play a vital role in the packaging industry. Testing the peel and bond strength of adhesives is very important to make sure whether it will be suitable for a particular application or not.
Thus, with the help of Presto peel/seal/bond/adhesion strength tester
, manufacturers can easily test their materials against peel strength and determine their durability during transportation and shipping.
Our high-quality lab testing instrument has a high testing range of 5kgf to 20kgf and comes with vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of test specimens.
This Presto peel testing machine is the backbone of the e-commerce industry. It has been equipped with high-quality features and technical specifications that fit perfectly with the needs of customers.
Now, let us focus on the features and technical specifications of this quality lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto Peel/Seal/Bond Strength Tester
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Display for Peel Adhesive strength of test specimen
- Highly accurate test results under force.
- Strong gripping clamps to perform the Peel test at 180 degree
- Bright LED display
- Inbuilt calibration facility
- Feather touch controls
Technical specifications of Presto peel strength tester
- Load Cell Capacity: 20Kgf
- Display: LED (Digital) 7 segment
- Accuracy: ± 2% at Full Load (with master load)
- Least Count/Resolution: 0.020 kgf
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Speed: 300 mm/min ± 5%
- Standards: ASTM D903
Now, let us discuss the advantages of using a peel-strength tester.
Advantages of using Presto Peel Strength Tester
The Presto Peel Strength Tester is a specialized testing instrument used for measuring the peel or bond strength of various materials, including adhesives, laminates, and films. Here are some advantages of using this testing equipment:
- Accurate Measurement: Presto Peel Strength Tester provides precise and repeatable measurements of peel strength, ensuring that you get reliable and consistent results.
- Quality Control: It is an essential lab testing equipment for quality control in industries like packaging, and manufacturing that helps to ensure the consistency and reliability of adhesive bonds.
- Versatile: This packaging testing instrument can be used to measure both the average and peak peel strength, making it versatile for various applications.
- Ease of Use: It is designed with user-friendly features, making it easy to operate and requiring minimal training for personnel.
- Customizable: You can often customize the tester to meet specific testing requirements and standards, ensuring it fits your industry needs.
These are some of the amazing advantages you will get with the use of the Presto peel strength tester. Now let us discuss the working procedure of this testing equipment.
Working of Presto peel strength tester
If you want to conduct a peel strength test on the materials, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Cut a 150 mm long and 15 mm wide strip of self-adhesive tape and prepare the specimen following the provided machine template.
- Submerge one end of the strip in a toluene solution, ensuring it's immersed up to 25 mm. This will cause delamination in that section of the strip.
- Carefully peel off the portion of the strip that was previously dipped in the toluene solution.
- Now, you'll have two ends of the strip that should be inserted between the grips of the testing apparatus.
- Your test specimen for the Peel Adhesion test is now prepared and ready for testing.
- After preparing the testing specimen, you can start the machine and place the upper side of the specimen between the upper fixed grips and tighten the grips firmly.
- Now bring the lower movable grip upwards so that the specimen can easily reach the grips. Ensure that the lower limit switch ring is placed at a position that keeps a minimum distance of 25 mm.
- Make sure that the specimen is placed in the center of the grips.
- After properly placing the specimen, you can easily commence the test.
In this way, you can easily operate the machine and conduct a peel strength test
. If you want to take a live testing session
for this testing equipment then you can easily contact us at +919210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will arrange a session with you and provide you with all related information as per your requirements.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra