Plastic films are used in a variety of applications. One of the most common uses for the plastic film is that it acts as a protective barrier to protect surfaces from scratches, dirt, and moisture. It can also be used to protect food and other perishable items from spoilage. In order to ensure that plastic film is effective, it is important to test the quality of the film. One way to do this is to test the dart impact resistance of these films. Dart impact resistance is a measure of the ability of the film to resist puncturing and tearing. Thus, with Presto darts impact resistance tester it will be easy for you to determine the impact of the free-falling dart on plastic films. This energy of the free-falling dart will cause the film to fail under specified conditions.
The Presto dart impact resistance tester is a widely used testing instrument that will help you to assess the strength and durability of plastic films and other similar products. It comes with a metallic and rigid base that will be helpful in evaluating the impact resistance and impact failure of these materials.
To conduct a dart impact test on plastic films, you should follow some crucial steps to make sure that the right testing results will be obtained. In this blog, we are going to discuss brief information about how you can easily conduct a dart impact test on plastic films with the help of the Presto dart impact resistance tester.
Assess the durability and strength of plastic films with Presto dart impact resistance tester
The durability of plastics plays a crucial role in determining the quality of packaging. Packaging must be resistant to punctures, tearing, and other forms of physical damage in order to protect the contents from harm. Plastic films are an ideal material for packaging because they are lightweight yet strong. But testing their strength against freely falling darts is also considered to be an important aspect of quality control. Therefore, we at Presto are considered to be the leading manufacturer of dart impact testers that will help you to evaluate the dart impact resistance strength of plastic films
with ease. You can evaluate the force that a plastic film can bear with the help of this dart impact resistance tester.
Using this highly precise and standardized lab testing equipment, you will be able to calculate the exact point at which the product will fail. This impact tester has been compiled with industrial standards like IS 2508:1984(R2003), and ASTM D1709-16A. It comes with an electromagnetic release hold mechanism for controlling the freely falling dart.
Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of this plastic film dart impact resistance tester.
Features of Presto dart impact resistance tester
The dart impact resistance tester is widely used by the plastic film industry to assess the strength as well as durability of these materials against freely falling darts. This machine comes with a hemispherical head and is held by a strong electromagnetic dart holder. Below we have listed the features of this lab testing instrument.
- Built on a rigid metallic base.
- Strong Electromagnetic dart holder.
- Dart released at the press of a button.
- Reliable, the fast and accurate measurement of variable heights.
- Electromagnetic Hold and release mechanism for dart
- Drop Height adjustable clamp
- Inbuilt Digital counter for counting the number of falls during a single test operation
- Circular annular clamping devices for zero slippage
- Shielding structure to prevent the dart from falling out after bouncing from the sample
- Strong base plate with rugged structure
- Clamping Shield height adjustable collar
- Standard: IS 2508:1984(R2003), ASTM D1709-16A.
Technical Specifications of Presto dart impact resistance tester
- Inside diameter of clamp: 127mm
- Diameter of dart head: Method A – 38 mm, Method B - 50.8 mm ± 0.13 mm
- Height of fall:660 mm and 1524 mm(Adjustable)
- Maximum weight holding capacity of Dart Holding Mechanism: 2Kg
- Dart Head Material: Method A - Phenolic & Method B - Steel
- Least Count of Height Adjustable Clamp: 1 mm
- Type of test: Free-Falling Dart
- Release Mechanism: Electromagnetic dart hold/release mechanism
- Clamping Unit: Circular annular clamping unit with zero slippage
- Counter: Digital.
- A vacuum Pump of CFM 1.8, 1/4 Hp Motor is provided with it.
- Electrical Requirement: Single Phase 220 V AC
Now, let us focus on how you can easily commence testing using this amazing lab testing equipment.
Steps to conduct dart impact resistance test on plastic films
To conduct the dart impact test on plastic films, you can easily follow the steps mentioned below.
- Turn ON the machine by plugging the main socket of the machine into a 3-pin 15 amp socket.
- Take a specimen of plastic film the user want to test with the dimensions that allow the specimen to flow out of the clamping unit for at least 25 mm.
- Remove the outer clamping ring and separate it from the unit. Now place the specimen on the inner clamping ring.
- Put the back of the outer clamping ring in its place. After placing the specimen, insert the pipe from the vacuum pump into the vacuum pressure ports and plug the vacuum pump into a 3-pin 5 amp socket.
- Make sure that the specimen does not have any wrinkles. The specimen must be completely wrinkle-free during the test.
- Now adjust the height of the protective shield of the dart. Once you set the height of this testing instrument, you can commence the test with ease.
In this way, you can test the dart impact resistance
of plastic films. You can even experience the power of this testing equipment LIVE by calling us at +91 9210903903
or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our technical expert team will easily arrange a sample testing session
for you so that you can get all your queries resolved regarding this testing equipment.
you may also like