Rust can cause substantial damage to metal parts, from small and insignificant to extremely costly. Rust-proofed components are crucial pieces of any automobile industry. They have to be analyzed for their ability to resist corrosion due to atmospheric conditions. Thus, to make it easy for the customers to conduct the rust-proof test on the materials, we at Presto have designed one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the Presto Cass Cum salt spray chamber. This is one of the highly efficient lab testing equipment that will help metal industry manufacturers to conduct salt spray tests on the materials.
This is a triple-walled structure that will help manufacturers of automobile components and other metal parts, to test the corrosion-resistant properties of the materials with ease. Here, we will discuss the Presto salt spray testing instrument and how it is useful in the metal industry.
What is the Presto Salt Spray Chamber?
The Presto Salt Spray Chamber is a laboratory testing instrument that is used to test the corrosion resistance of materials. It is also known as a salt fog chamber or a corrosion testing chamber. This laboratory testing equipment will work by creating a controlled environment in which salt spray can be used to test the durability of materials.
This standardized lab testing instrument is a valuable testing instrument for firms that manufacture products that will be exposed to salt water or other corrosive environments. By testing the products in the chamber, companies can ensure that they are durable and will not be damaged by exposure to salt water or other corrosive substances. You can also test plated metal corrosion
with Presto salt spray chamber and make sure you deliver accurate testing instruments.
This testing instrument
comes with an HMI display touch screen that will make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct the salt spray test
on the materials with ease. It comes with corrosion-resistant PT- 100 sensor and users can also create PID settings, air saturator settings, test temperature, air purge time, etc.
Features of Presto Cass Cum salt spray chamber
The Presto salt spray chamber is an advanced lab testing instrument that is widely used in the automotive industry to test the corrosion resistance properties of metals and related products. This testing chamber has been embedded with highly advanced features that we have listed below.
- HMI-based Touchscreen Display for ease of operation
- Inbuilt PID temperature settings for accuracy
- Corrosion Resistant PT-100 sensor
- Program profile installed for selecting test parameters of the test.
- Users can create PID settings, Air Saturator settings; test temperature, test and air purge time, etc.
- Live test running status can be displayed
- Robust Construction with triple-walled Fiber reinforced body
- Pneumatically operated canopy**(only for 250 Ltr. Model)
- Air purge post-test for fog settlement.
- Reservoir Tank in side sponge filter equipped
- Data can be saved to the USB device (Pen drive not in the part of the supply.)
- Set values (SV) and present values (PV) are displayed together.
- The angle of the Canopy was designed to restrict the flow of droplets directly on the test sample
Technical Specifications of Presto salt spray chamber
- Display: HMI Based Touchscreen 7" TFT LCD Color Screen
- Chamber Temp. Range: Ambient to 60°C
- Test Chamber Temperature Range: 49°C ± 2°C
- Chamber Temperature Least Count: 0.1°C
- Chamber Temperature Repeatability: ± 1°C
- Air Saturator Temperature Range: Ambient to 65°C
- Air Saturator Temperature Least Count: 0.1°C
- Air Saturator Temperature Repeatability: ± 2°C
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz, 15 A
- Temperature Control: Inbuilt PID temperature Controller
- Timer (Hour meter): 6 digits
- Test Air Pressure: 0.7Kg/cm² - 1.7Kg/cm²
- Air Regulator: 0 to 30 psi
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct the salt spray test on the materials. You can easily take ferrous metal corrosion tests
using this high-quality and standardized lab testing instrument.
How does the Presto Salt Spray Chamber work?
The Presto Salt Spray Chamber is a simple but effective way to test the corrosion resistance of materials. It works by creating a controlled environment in which salt can be sprayed onto the material being tested. The salt spray chamber allows for repeated testing of materials over time, making it an essential piece of equipment for any company that manufactures products that will be exposed to the atmospheric environment.
To conduct the salt spray test on the materials then you can easily follow the steps mentioned below.
- To operate this lab testing instrument, you need to start the machine by plugging the mains socket of the machine into a 3-pin 15 amp socket.
- Ensure all operational safety notices and prerequisites have adhered to the standards. Rotate the “Main Switch” Knob from the Control Panel.
- Open the Electric Circuit Panel and check whether all the MCBs are “ON”.
- Fill the air saturator with DM solution by performing certain settings from the HMI interface.
- After this, you can prepare a salt solution to fill the reservoir tank.
- Prepare the test specimen accurately by cleaning the metallic or non-metallic coated specimens depending upon the nature of the surface using the nitric acid solution for chemical cleaning.
- Once you prepare the specimen, you can place the specimen accurately in this testing chamber.
- When all tests will be performed accurately, then you can easily commence the test procedure.
In this way, you can test your specimen against corrosion. This salt spray test chamber has been made in accordance with industry standards that include ASTM B117 and JIS Z 2371. If you want to conduct a sample testing session for this lab testing equipment
, then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like