Colour plays a significant role in delivering quality products to customers. By testing the colour quality of the products, manufacturers can easily overcome the problem of Metamerism and ensure that the products are consistent in colours. Thus, with Presto colour measurement testing instruments, manufacturers can easily test the quality of colours and ensure zero rejection rates due to inaccurate product colours.
In this blog post, we will discuss brief information about the importance of colour measurement in the packaging industry and how our quality testing instruments are useful in testing the colours of the packaging products accurately. So, let us get started!
The role of colour in packaging design
The use of colour in packaging design is crucial for any product. It's not just about making the packaging visually appealing, but it also plays a significant role in influencing consumer behaviour and purchasing decisions. In fact, studies have shown that 85% of consumers base their buying decisions on colour alone.
Colour can evoke certain emotions and create associations with a product or brand. Thus, by testing the colours of the products accurately, manufacturers can easily ensure the quality of colours and deliver quality products to the customers.
With Presto colour measurements testing instruments manufacturers can easily test the quality of products accurately and ensure that there will be no product inconsistency left in the product.
Now, let us discuss some common challenges of maintaining consistency of products in accurate product design.
The challenges of maintaining consistent colour in packaging
One of the most significant challenges in packaging design and production is maintaining consistent colour. Packaging is often a customer's first point of contact with a product, and the right colour can make all the difference in attracting their attention and influencing their purchasing decision.
However, achieving consistent colour in packaging can be a complex process that requires careful planning, precise measurements, and ongoing monitoring.
The following are some of the common challenges faced by brands when it comes to maintaining consistent colour in packaging:
- Different printing techniques can affect the quality of colours.
- Ink absorption rates are another challenge in quality control that can impact the quality of packaging.
- Variation in the products is the common challenge considered for maintaining consistent colours in the packaging.
These are some of the common challenges that will be faced by people in ensuring the quality of colours and delivering products accurately to the customers. Now, let us discuss the top colour measurement testing instruments
and how this quality testing equipment will help in the colour measurement of the products.
Top colour measurement testing instruments that you must use in packaging
Colour measurement technology plays a crucial role in packaging industries, as it ensures consistency and accuracy of colour in products. Thus, with Presto colour matching testing instruments, manufacturers can easily ensure that the quality of products will be delivered to the customers and will not face any problems of Metamerism.
Below we have listed the top color measurement testing instruments that you must use in packaging:
- Colour Matching Cabinet - CMC - Asia: The Presto Color Matching Cabinet Spectrum Asia II is highly recommended for laboratories and industries where it is important to maintain colour consistency and quality. The equipment provides a standardized environment for evaluation and visual assessment of colour. With its standardized and controlled lighting conditions, one can easily ensure that high-quality products will be delivered to the customers with ease. This high-quality testing equipment has been made in accordance with industry standards that include ISO 3664, BS 950, ASTM D 1729, and DIN 6173. The angle of the viewing booth is 45 degrees so that the users can accurately view the colour difference in the product with ease. We at Presto are leading colour-matching cabinet manufacturers and provide the best colour-matching cabinet prices.
- Gloss Meter Tri-Angle: The gloss meter is available in different geometries to measure the specular reflection gloss of a surface or a material. The Gloss Meter Triangle is used to determine the gloss on a surface and measures the amount of reflected light. This testing equipment can easily measure the glossiness of the surface at different angles including 20, 60, and 85-degree angles. It provides a great correlation of shining or visual gloss when the sample is placed flat. The correlation of the glass changes if the sample is tilted from the flat position. The procedure is used to measure the shine, appearance, and quality of the products.
- Spectrophotometer TP 800: A Portable Spectrophotometer is advanced colour measurement equipment used for conducting a highly complex colour inspection and matching the product colour with its masterbatch. This testing instrument has been designed as per industrial standards including CIE, CNS, ASTM E313, AATCC, and ASTM D1925 test standards. The range of the visible spectrum is from 400 to 700 nm. Equipped with a huge integrating sphere with the homogenization of rays. The optical geometry it uses is 45/0 geometry.
These are the top 3 colour measurement testing equipment that you can easily use in the packaging industry to measure the colour deviations in the product. If you want more information about the price, features and technical specifications of these quality testing equipment, then you can give us a call at +91 9210 903 903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like