Are you in the paper and packaging industry and want to test your packaging boxes from a certain height? If yes, then it’s time to use the appropriate lab testing instrument known as the Presto drop tester. This drop strength tester has been designed to ascertain the transportworthiness of boxes from all angles. This high-quality laboratory testing instrument operates by dropping a test specimen from a certain height and determining its durability.
For instance, when examining the impact resistance of a material, using an inadequate drop height is paramount. This will help the manufacturers determine the strength and durability of materials when dropped from a certain height. In this blog, we will discuss brief information about the Presto drop strength tester
and what factors you should consider while selecting an appropriate drop height for a drop strength test
What is drop strength testing and its purpose?
Drop strength testing
is a crucial quality control test that will be conducted on materials like cartons, corrugated boxes, packaging boxes and much more. This quality control test is considered to be an essential quality parameter that helps the manufacturers ascertain the transportworthiness of the packages when dropped from a certain height.
The main purpose of conducting this drop strength test is to ensure the durability and sturdiness of the materials.
By simulating real-life accidental drops that can occur during transportation or everyday use, manufacturers can identify potential weaknesses or design flaws before their goods reach the market. Through this rigorous evaluation process, manufacturers can accurately determine the dropping ability of cartons or other related materials to ensure their strength.
Easily Perform Drop Strength Tests with Presto Drop Tester
Testing the drop strength of packages is considered to be the critical parameter in ensuring the quality of products. The drop test serves as a crucial step in the quality control inspection process. Its primary goal is to assess how the packaging and its contents withstand impact when they make contact with the ground. The specific drop heights employed in this test vary depending on the combined weight of the product and its packaging.
The test involves dropping the carton a total of 10 times. The initial drop typically targets the corner or any vulnerable point that is likely to result in damage. Subsequent drops are performed from different angles and heights. Additionally, the carton is subjected to twisting from all sides following a predefined sequence. This comprehensive evaluation utilizes a Drop Tester to measure the impact strength of free-falling forces on packaging products. You can easily perform drop tests
on the packages and ensure that accurate products will be delivered to the customers.
Now, let us discuss the features and technical specifications of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto drop tester
- Provision to uplift test platform by guide mechanism
- Drop Height adjustable clamp
- Straight and Angular Drop tests can be performed on a single Instrument
- Strong base plate with a rugged structure
Technical specifications of Presto drop tester
- Height: 1.8 meters (Adjustable)
- Load: Up to 50 kgf.
- Minimum Drop Height: 770mm (0.75 m)
- Maximum Drop Height: 1800mm (1.8 m)
- Maximum sample Weight: 50 Kg
- Sample Mounting table: 465 * 445 mm
- Adjustable angle holder is provided with the device.
- Type of tests:
- Straight Drop
- Angular Drop
- Safety: Locking pin
- Standards: IS:7028 Pt IV
With these high-end features and technical specifications, manufacturers can easily conduct packaging drop tests
and ensure that accurate products will be delivered to the customers. You can easily check the standard drop height
of testing specimens for conducting drop tests.
Presto Stantest Pvt. Ltd.
is a leading drop strength tester manufacturer in Asia
and provides this quality testing equipment at the best prices.
Now, let us discuss the top factors to consider while conducting carton drop tests on the packages.
Factors should you consider when selecting the appropriate drop height for the drop test
Different factors that you should follow while selecting the appropriate drop height when conducting a drop strength test are mentioned below. This standard drop test will be performed to ensure accuracy in test results. Below we have listed different factors that you should consider while selecting the appropriate drop height for the drop test.
- Material properties and strength play a crucial role in the meticulous process of determining the appropriate drop height for considering the drop test. When considering this factor, it is imperative to account for the inherent characteristics that materials possess, as they directly influence their ability to withstand impact forces.
- When it comes to selecting the appropriate drop height for the drop strength test, one must consider the impact force requirements for optimal safety and performance of the boxes. It plays a pivotal role in determining whether an object or material can withstand certain levels of stress without experiencing damage or failure. By understanding the specific impact force requirements, engineers and researchers are able to make informed decisions regarding suitable drop heights that will produce desired outcomes while maintaining integrity.
- When selecting the appropriate drop height for a given test, test objectives and standards are another crucial factor to consider. These objectives may vary depending on the specific field of study or application, ranging from analyzing structural integrity to evaluating product performance under impact conditions.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can select the appropriate drop height of the testing specimen and ensure accurate and standard drop tests
with the help of this packaging testing instrument
. If you want to know about drop tester prices
or other information, then you can give us a call at +91 9210 903 903
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like