Every day, we use countless products that come in cardboard boxes - from the cereal we eat for breakfast to the Amazon packages we receive in the mail. But have you ever wondered what will happen if those boxes will burst out? It turns out to the damage of your product and it won’t be finely delivered to the customers. Thus, it is important for you to test the bursting strength of these corrugated boxes with ease. To make it easy for corrugated box manufacturers to test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes, we at Presto have designed one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the bursting strength tester. The digital model of this lab testing equipment has been equipped with advanced sensors that make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct bursting strength tests and save their boxes from getting ruptured. Once you test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes, then you will be able to reduce your product rejections. In this blog, we are going to discuss the benefits you will get with the use of the Presto-bursting strength tester.
Table of contents:
How low bursting strength will affect the quality of the corrugated boxes?
A corrugated box is a type of packaging made from corrugated paperboard. It is commonly used to pack and ship products accurately to the customers. Corrugated boxes are strong and durable, making them ideal for shipping heavy or fragile items. They are also lightweight, which helps to keep shipping costs down. When choosing the perfect corrugated box for the delivery of your item, it is important for you to take care of the bursting factor of the corrugated box and make sure that the box will withstand the crush. Thus, to make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct a bursting strength test, we at Presto have designed the digital bursting tester model that will accurately test the durability of boxes against bursting.
The high bursting factor
for the corrugated box will determine the sturdiness of the box against the rigors of shipping. With the help of this laboratory testing instrument
, you will be able to analyze the bursting factor
of packaging products with ease.
There are many benefits to testing the bursting strength of corrugated boxes. By doing so, manufacturers can ensure that their products will be well-protected during shipping and storage. Additionally, it can help to identify potential problems with the box design before mass production begins. This can save time and money in the long run.
Testing the bursting strength of corrugated boxes is relatively simple and straightforward. By conducting the Mullen test, you can easily evaluate the bursting properties of the materials with ease. This test provides an accurate measurement of the box's ability to withstand pressure.
What are the benefits of testing corrugated box bursting strength?
When it comes to packaging, one of the most important factors to consider is the strength of the materials being used. This is especially true for corrugated boxes, which are often subject to a lot of wear and tear during shipping and handling. Testing the bursting strength of these boxes helps ensure that they can withstand the rigors of the shipping process and keep your products safe. Here are some of the benefits of testing corrugated boxes for bursting strength:
1. Helps ensure product safety: The number one priority for any packaging should be to keep the contents safe and intact. By testing the bursting strength of corrugated boxes, you can be sure that your boxes can withstand the pressures of shipping and handling without jeopardizing the safety of your products.
2. Prevents damage during shipping: Corrugated boxes that are not properly tested can easily collapse or break open during shipping, resulting in damaged products. By testing for bursting strength, you can avoid this type of damage and ensure that your products arrive at their destination in perfect condition.
3. Reduces box damages: Damaged products often have to be shipped back to the sender at the customer's expense. By ensuring that your corrugated boxes can withstand the bursting force, the manufacturers can safely be delivered their products to the customers which in turn will eventually increase their profit by 89%.
Features of Presto bursting strength tester
The digital model of the bursting strength tester has been made in accordance with industry standards that make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct the bursting strength test. This ASTM D3786 bursting tester has been equipped with highly advanced features that we have listed below.
- Digital indication of readings.
- This equipment is completely microprocessor based with the original ‘Intel’ chip.
- TARE facility incorporated.
- Peak Hold facility for keeping the maximum value in the memory.
- Bright LED display.
- Feather touch controls.
- Single Push Button Operation
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under multidirectional Force
- Strong Gripping clamps
- Grooved structure of Test Specimen Holder to avoid slippage and intact holding of the specimen under test
- No slippage in case specimen is tightened uniformly using operating wheel
Technical specifications of bursting strength tester
- Pressure Range: 40 Kg/ cm2
- Least Count : 0.1 Kg/cm2
- Display: Digital
- Rate of fluid displacement: 95 cc/minute
- Test fluid: Glycerin
- Accuracy: ± 1% within 10% to 90% of the entire range as per IS: 1828
- Motor: ¼ HP Single Phase
- Peak Hold Facility: Yes
- Safety Switch: Yes
- Standards: ASTM D3786, BS 3137, ISO 2758, ISO 3303-1:2012, ISO 3689-1983, IS – 1060, 1987
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct a bursting strength test. You can easily read about how you can easily use a bursting strength tester
for corrugated boxes. If you wish to conduct a FREE sample testing session
using this lab testing equipment, then you can easily give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.