We all know that corrugated boxes are widely used in different industries to deliver products accurately to customers. These boxes will be tested for different purposes so that the products inside these boxes would not get damaged with ease. One of the most crucial factors that one must determine while testing these boxes is their edge crush strength. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as the Presto edge crush tester which is highly useful in evaluating the edge-wise compression strength of these boxes with ease.
Table of Content :
With the increase in complexity of packaging tasks, the need for cardboard edge crush testers that can measure the edge-wise compression strength with precision also become essential. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with information about the Presto ECT tester and the top advantages manufacturers will get with the use of this lab testing instrument. So, read this blog, till the end to know more about it.
What is Presto Edge Crush Tester?
Corrugated boxes are considered to be an extremely versatile and valuable product for paper and packaging retailers. From accurately placing the testing equipment to storing and delivering fragile products, these boxes play a crucial role in the paper and packaging industry. Therefore, with the growing demand for these boxes, the need of testing them has also increased. Edge-wise compression strength is considered to be one of the most crucial factors of these boxes that needed to be tested. Thus, with the help of the Presto edge crush testing instrument, you will be able to determine the edge compression strength of these boxes with ease.
This lab testing instrument will apply the cross-sectional force on the boxes and make sure that they will remain rigid against the compression force.
The edge crush tester is a very accurate lab testing instrument that eventually works on the basis of an electro-mechanical loading system and is embedded with sophisticated electronic controls. It can measure the force required to crush cardboard very accurately. This testing machine is also very fast and accurate and comes with a digital LED display. It can test your cardboard samples within seconds.
How does the Presto Edge Crush Tester Work?
A digital edge crush tester
is a laboratory testing instrument
that is used to test the strength of corrugated cardboard when cross-sectional force will be applied to it. The machine works by applying pressure to the edges of a corrugated box. The amount of pressure that the machine applies is adjustable. You can even test 3-ply corrugated boxes
with the help of this lab testing equipment
To conduct the edge crush test, with the help of this testing instrument, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all plug the machine into a 5 amp, 220 Volts AC and turn it ON.
- Prepare and place the specimen accurately by placing the fixture between the compression plates according to the type of test you want to perform.
- To perform the edge crush test, place the edge crush test fixture with the erected edge of the specimen facing the upper compression plate.
- After placing the specimen correctly, press RESET and TARE to set the value at the peak load indicator to zero.
- After setting the zero on the load indicator, turn the rotary switch to the UP direction.
- This will move the lower compression plate in an upward direction exerting a compressive load on the specimen.
- After the lower compression plate starts compression of the specimen, there will be an increase in the value on the load indicator.
- After a certain increase in the load value, the value on the load display will decrease after there is a deflection in the specimen.
- After there is a decrease in value, turn the rotary switch to the off position to stop the machine.
- Once the machine stops, the display showing load will return to zero and the deflection display will freeze. Press the Memory switch on the load indicator to show the peak value.
The digital edge crush tester
is very easy to use. It is possible to set up the machine and start testing within minutes. The machine is also very easy to operate. We at Presto are leading manufacturers of RCT/FCT/EDGE crush testers
and provide you with this lab testing instrument at the best and most affordable prices. Below we have listed the top 3 advantages of using the Presto edge crush testing instrument.
Top 3 Advantages of RCT/FCT/Edge Crush Test Digital model
We all know that the edge crush strength
of the materials is considered to be one of the important criteria for manufacturers. It determines the durability of corrugated boxes and their resistance to crushing. Below we have listed the advantages you will get with the use of the Presto edge crush tester:
- One of the biggest benefits you will get with the use of Presto edge crush tester is that this testing instrument has been made in accordance with industrial standards i.e. IS 7063 and give its users accurate testing results.
- It has been embedded with safety limit switches to make sure that users can easily conduct the crush resistance test on corrugated boxes.
- It has strong gripping clamps and a microprocessor-based display so that users can easily view the test results and improve the quality of their product.
If you are looking for an accurate and reliable digital edge crush tester, then we highly recommend the one from Presto Testing Instruments. This machine is easy to use and provides accurate results that can help you improve your packaging quality control. With its highly equipped features, one can easily determine the edge crush strength of the materials with ease. If you want to conduct a FREE
sample testing session, then you can easily give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.