Metal components are widely used in different industries such as automotive, aerospace, and many others. These components are should be tested for corrosion resistance to ensure that the components will not be degraded over time by exposure to corrosive substances. Thus, it is important for metal manufacturers to test the corrosion resistance of these components to ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers. To make it easy for the manufacturers to test the components against corrosion resistance, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a Salt spray chamber- Korrox IV Magnus Series Computerised.
A salt spray testing chamber
is an essential lab testing instrument that is used in different industries to test the corrosion resistance of metals. When the metal components will get exposed to a salt-laden environment then they will be tested accurately to ensure quality products will be delivered to the customers. This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment
that can easily detect the resistance of surface coatings when exposed to a salt-laden environment. In this blog, we are going to provide you with information about this corrosion resistance testing instrument
and how it is helpful in testing the quality of metal components. But before, we will discuss why corrosion is a big problem for metal product manufacturers.
Why corrosion is a big problem for metal product manufacturers?
Corrosion can cause degradation of the metal components and reduce the longevity of products, and lead to costly repairs and replacements. It will also lead to the weakening of the metal products, over time leading to a reduced lifespan. This can compromise the structural integrity of the product and lead to costly repairs.
Thus, it is important for metal product manufacturers to test the corrosion resistance of the products so that products will not get degraded in time.
Thus, to detect the durability of the metals in a salt-laden environment, we at Presto have designed high-quality testing equipment
known as a salt spray chamber
. This quality testing equipment has been designed with highly advanced features that make it easy for manufacturers to conduct salt spray tests on the products. You can easily test the corrosion properties of materials
with a salt spray chamber.
This lab testing equipment will be filled with salt solution and the metal product is placed inside the chamber. When the metal will be subjected to a spray of the salt solution then users will be able to get accurate testing results.
This testing chamber will simulate the effects of salt water on the metal and is used to determine the metal's ability to withstand corrosion. Now, let us discuss a brief about this quality testing equipment.
All about Presto salt spray chamber Korrox IV Magnus Series Computerized
Salt spray testing is an important part of the quality control process for different industries that makes use of metal components. By simulating a corrosive environment in the testing chamber, the manufacturers will be able to assess the long-term durability of the materials. This type of quality testing will help the manufacturers in ensuring whether the materials will be able to withstand the corrosive environment or not.
Thus we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a salt spray chamber- Korrox IV Magnus Series Computerized series
. It can be used to test the corrosive resistance of coatings, fasteners, and other metal components. Thus, manufacturers of the paint, plating, and coating industry can easily make use of this quality testing equipment and assess the quality of the product. By using this quality testing instrument, you can easily bring quality to corrosion testing
This quality lab testing equipment can also be used to remove corrosion from metal products through effective testing. It has been equipped with highly advanced features that include a corrosion-resistant PT-100 sensor, a programmable temperature controller, a solid-state digital programmable temperature controller, and many more features.
Now, let us discuss briefly the features of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto salt spray chamber Korrox IV Magnus Series Computerized
Salt spray chambers are designed to create a simulated corrosive environment for testing the long-term effects of salt on objects and materials. This quality lab testing equipment has been designed with fiber reinforced body (triple wall) structure.
- HMI-based Touchscreen Model
- Inbuilt temperature settings
- Salt Spray Test mode enabled setting parameters according to the test sample
- Corrosion Resistant PT-100 sensor
- Solid-state digital Programmable Temperature Controller
- Program profile for selecting test parameters and performing the test
- Easy Data Management. Users can create PID settings, Air Saturator settings, test temperature, test and air purge time, etc.
- Current test running status display
- Robust Construction with Fiber reinforced body(Triple wall)
- Ease of use of sample placements inside the test chamber
- Pneumatically operated canopy (only for 250 Ltr. Model)
- Air purge after the test for fog settlement
- Reservoir Tank inside sponge filter with low solution level alarm.
- 5-point Auto Tuning feature selection
- Real-time vs temperature graph
- Data recording with a temperature data reading
- USB option available (Pen drive is not a part of supply)
- Users can control PID settings through the Advanced Hysteresis setting
- The angle of the Canopy is maintained in order to restrict the flow of droplets directly on the test sample.
- Low-compressed air alarm (Smart device introduce)
- Low NACL solution alarm
- Over / under voltage protection
- Individual specimen real-time monitoring with identification
- Maintain fault history (Easy to Diagnostic the exact issue)
Technical specifications of Presto salt spray chamber Korrox IV Magnus Series Computerized
- Display: HMI Based touchscreen 7" TFT LCD Color screen
- Chamber Temp Range: Ambient to 40ºC
- Test Chamber Temp. working Range: 35ºC ± 2ºC
- Chamber Temperature Least Count: 0.1ºC
- Chamber Temperature Repeatability: ± 2ºC
- Air Saturator Temperature Range: 40ºC- 49ºC
- Air Saturator Temperature Least Count: 0.1ºC
- Air Saturator Temperature Repeatability: ± 2ºC
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz, 15A
- pH value of Salt Solution: 6.5 to 7.2 pH
- Temperature Control: Inbuilt PID Temperature Controller
- Timer(Hour meter): 6 digits
- Test Air Pressure: 0.7Kg/cm² - 1.2Kg/cm²
- Air Regulator: 0 to 30 psi
- Compressed Air requirement: Approx. 7 cfm (Air Compressor not part of supply) Main airline pressure regulator with filter in customer scope.
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily conduct salt spray tests
on the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers. You can easily test the plated metal corrosion
with the Presto salt spray chamber.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like