PET bottles are widely used in packaging for a variety of beverages, and personal care products. PET is a strong and durable material that can withstand the rigors of shipping and handling. But it is important for PET bottle manufacturers to test their bottles by cutting each section of the bottles accurately.
Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument
known as the hot wire bottle cutter
. This is one of the amazing laboratory testing equipment
that is used to cut individual sections of the bottles and ensure that the bottles will be cut accurately.
In this article, we are going to provide you with brief information about the Presto hot wire bottle cutter and how this quality laboratory testing equipment is useful in determining the quality of PET bottles.
How hot wire bottle cutter is helpful in section-wise weight analysis?
A section-wise weight analysis involves cutting a PET bottle into its different sections, such as the body of these bottles, and weighing each of its sections separately.
This will allow manufacturers of PET bottles to identify opportunities for reducing the presence of any defects present in these bottles.
To cut the bottles precisely, it is important for PET bottle manufacturers to use quality testing equipment and ensure that quality material will be delivered to the customers.
Presto is a leading hot wire bottle manufacturer
and designs this quality testing equipment with high-quality features that make it easy for the manufacturers to cut the bottles precisely.
The Presto hot wire bottle cutter is specifically designed to cut plastic bottles into sections for section-weight analysis. It makes use of a heated wire to cleanly cut through plastic bottles, allowing for precise and consistent cuts.
Below we have listed the features of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto hot wire bottle cutter
Presto PET bottle-cutting instrument will be useful for conducting section-weight analysis of plastic bottles. Its precision and consistency can help manufacturers in ensuring that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Below we have listed the features of this quality testing equipment:
- Also known as section weight cutter.
- A cost-effective and efficient way of cutting sections of a PET bottle.
- Best for accurate section weight analysis.
- Strong clamping holder for zero slip gripping support
- Digital Display of heating for accuracy and repeatability
- Rapid heat up of wires for sample cutting
- Precise measurement of test sample section weight analysis
- Length, Width adjustable clamping mechanism to hold the different size of bottles
- Inbuilt with cutting wire tension adjustment
- Equipped with Variable Voltage Potentiometer for heat control
- Strong and rugged base plate
- Available in a 2-wire and 3-wire configuration
- Adjustable fixture to test different size test bottles
Technical specifications of Presto hot wire bottle cutter
- Sections cut: Top, Cylinder, Bottom
- Display and control: Digital Heat
- Bottle Neck Holder: 21.74 mm (Other Sizes available on request)
- Heat Control: Variable through Port
- Heating Method: Kanthal Element wire
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- No. of wires: 2
- Maximum Diameter of Bottle: 130 mm **
- Maximum Cut length: min. 60 mm & Max. 320 mm
- Other sizes available as per requirement
- Heating levels: Low, Medium, High
- Heat Monitoring: Digital Display
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Powder coated Havel Gray & Blue combination finish and bright chrome/zinc plating for corrosion-resistant finish
With these features and technical specifications, one can easily test the quality of these bottles and deliver structurally improved bottles to the customers. You can read about the use of hot wire bottle cutters
in the PET bottle industry
Now, let us discuss the working of this quality lab testing instrument.
Working of hot wire bottle cutter
Presto hot wire cutting equipment will cut the plastic bottles accurately for section-wise weight analysis. It makes use of heated wire to cut different sections of these bottles without causing any deformities on the edges.
To conduct the smooth cutting of PET bottles with the help of this testing equipment, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Preparation: The plastic bottle to be cut is placed on the cutter, and the cutter is adjusted with the help of an adjusted knob to ensure proper cutting of the sample. The cutter is then heated up to the required temperature for cutting the specific type of plastic.
- Cutting: Once the cutter is heated to the correct temperature, the plastic bottle is placed against the hot wire. The hot wire melts through the plastic, creating a clean and precise cut. Users can easily increase the heating value in the heating display by adjusting the heating display adjusting knob. The cutter can be moved along the length of the bottle to create multiple sections or cuts.
- Cooling: After the cut is made, the bottle is removed from the cutter and allowed to cool down. The cut sections can then be separated and weighed for analysis or processing.
In this way, you can easily perform accurate section-wise cuts on PET bottles with the help of this quality bottle testing equipment.
To conduct a free sample testing session
for this quality testing instrument, give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will easily assist you with all your queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra