Corrugated cartons are one of the most popular types of packaging material used today. These cartons are made of a corrugated paperboard that is sandwiched between two linerboards. The corrugated paperboard consists of alternating layers of flat paper and fluted paper.
This design gives the carton strength and rigidity, which makes it ideal for shipping items that are fragile or breakable. In addition, corrugated cartons are lightweight and easy to assemble, which helps to keep shipping costs down.
As a result, these cartons are widely used in a variety of industries, to deliver the materials accurately to the customers. If you are a manufacturer or working in the packaging industry, then you must take several tests that will help you to test the quality of these cartons. The bursting strength test
is one of the major tests that has been conducted by various sets of manufacturers to make sure that the right quality products will be delivered to the customers. We at Presto is a leading manufacturer of bursting strength tester digital model.
This is one of the effective lab testing equipment
that will help you to test the burst strength of materials like paper, corrugated boxes, cartons, leather, and other related materials.
This lab testing equipment comes with digital indication of readings and is based on a microprocessor-based with an original “intel” chip. When the manufacturers will conduct the bursting strength test, then they may face some problems. Here in this article, we have listed the problems faced by manufacturers during the bursting strength test and how you can easily overcome this problem. So, let us get started!
What is the bursting strength test and why you should conduct it for cartons?
As we have discussed above that the cartons or corrugated boxes are widely used to ship several items accurately to the customers. But what if, your box will get burst in between shipping your product? This may largely affect your product quality or even lead to your rejections. Thus to overcome this problem, you must make use of the Presto burst strength tester for corrugated boxes
. This amazing lab testing instrument
has been widely used in the corrugated box industry to evaluate the bursting strength of boxes
The digital model of the bursting strength tester will help you to optimize your box quality by effectively testing the bursting force required to rupture the product materials. With a bright LED display and feather touch controls, it will be easy for you to determine the bursting strength of materials with ease.
Below we have listed the features & technical specifications of the Presto bursting strength tester.
Features of Presto bursting strength tester
The carton-bursting strength tester
is one of the most powerful testing machines that will help you to test the accuracy of products with ease. At the time of the test, the sample will be placed accurately on this testing instrument and bursting force will apply to it through the rubber diaphragm. With the help of this testing instrument, you can easily test the bursting strength and calculate the bursting factor of materials
. Below we have listed the features of the Presto bursting strength tester:
- Digital indication of readings.
- This equipment is completely microprocessor-based with the original ‘Intel chip.
- TARE facility incorporated.
- Peak Hold facility for keeping the maximum value in the memory.
- Bright LED display.
- Feather touch controls.
- Single Push-Button Operation
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under multidirectional Force
- Strong Gripping clamps
- Grooved structure of Test Specimen Holder to avoid slippage and intact holding of the specimen under test
- No slippage in case specimen is tightened uniformly using operating wheel
Technical Specifications of Presto bursting strength tester
- Pressure Range: 40 Kg/ cm2
- Least Count : 0.1 Kg/cm2
- Display: Digital
- Rate of fluid displacement: 95 cc/minute
- Test fluid: Glycerin
- Accuracy: ± 1% within 10% to 90% of the entire range as per IS: 1828
- Motor: ¼ HP Single Phase
- Peak Hold Facility: Yes
- Safety Switch: Yes
- Standards: ASTM D3786, BS 3137, ISO 2758, ISO 3303-1:2012, ISO 3689-1983, IS – 1060, 1987
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to determine whether your cartons will be safe enough to deliver your products to the customers or not. You can easily extract the bursting value of the materials
with the use of the Presto bursting strength tester.
What are the problems faced by QC engineers during the bursting strength test?
When the QC engineers or manufacturers working in the paper and packaging industry
, make the use of a bursting strength tester then there might be some issues they can face. Thus, we have listed the top 3 issues faced by them and how you can easily troubleshoot them. Read them below.
- As a leading bursting strength testing instrument manufacturer in India, we got so many challenges related to no supply of power in this testing machine when purchased from other brands. This may be possible due to the socket not working properly. Thus, if you are facing the same issue then you must appropriately test the socket before plugging the machine in it.
- Another most common problem faced by manufacturers is that the machine makes unusual noise while operating. This will happen when any part of the machine will be loose or not fitted properly. In this case, the service engineer can open the machine and check for any loose parts. If you have already bought a bursting strength tester from Presto Testing Instruments, then you can consult with our service department to make sure this issue will be solved as soon as possible. We have a team of service experts that will closely monitor your machine for any problems and solve them effectively.
- The third and topmost problem faced by people during the bursting strength test is that the load monitor has not been turned on. In this case, one should check whether the fuse is open or not. Thus, you can easily check the fuse in the rear terminal of the load indicator.
These are the top 3 problems faced by manufacturers while using the bursting strength testing machine. You can give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assist and guide you regarding this testing instrument. You can even book a free sample testing session by calling us.