A cupping test is a process of measuring the deformation of a metal specimen when it is subjected to external stress. This quality test is highly useful in testing the ductile properties of metals. If you are looking for a high-quality lab testing instrument to conduct cupping strength tests on the materials, then you can go with Presto cupping strength tester. This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that is used to test the ductile properties of the materials and ensure that the materials are strong enough to withstand external forces. This high-quality laboratory testing equipment has been made in accordance with industrial standards that includes IS 10175 (Part I); 1993 & ISO 8490: 1986, and ISO 1520:2006. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with information about how you can easily measure the cupping strength of metals with the help of the Presto cupping testing machine. But before that, let us focus on the importance of cupping tests in the metal industry.
Importance of cupping strength test in the metal industry
The Erichsen cupping strength test is one of the quality tests that is performed to determine the ductility of a metal. This test is important in the metal industry because it can help to identify a metal's sturdiness against external force.
By conducting cupping strength tests
on the metals, the metal product manufacturers can assess different properties of the materials that include adhesion, hardness, the porosity of coatings of paints or varnish in metal sheets, strips, etc. You can read more about the significance of a cupping strength tester
The purpose of the cupping test
is to determine the amount of deformation that a metal sheet can undergo before it fractures. This type of testing is often used to assess the quality of welds, as well as the overall strength of the metal. The results of the cupping test can be used to improve the manufacturing process and ensure that products meet customer expectations. Users can easily test the ductility of metals
with the help of a cupping strength tester
All about Presto cupping strength tester
Presto is a leading manufacturer of quality testing instruments
and has designed one of the high-quality lab testing equipment known as a cupping strength tester. This is one of the quality lab testing instruments
that has been designed to test the ductile properties of metals and ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers.
This testing equipment has been designed in accordance with industrial standards that includes IS: 10175 (Part I): 1993, ISO 8490:1986, and made it easy for metal manufacturers to test the ductile properties of materials.
It comes with a high-quality rugged structure and corrosion-resistant main body to ensure that quality material will be delivered to the customers. Now, let us discuss more the features and technical specifications of this quality lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto cupping strength tester
Presto has designed high-quality cupping strength testing machine that is used to test the ductile ability of metals. Below we have listed the features of the Presto cupping strength tester.
- High-Quality rugged structure with the corrosion-resistant main body
- Dial gauge to measure the cupping
- Sturdy Construction and resilient
- Revolving Handle for frictionless movement of the punch
- Fast Guiding Mechanism with hand-operated wheel
- Single-handed hassle-free operation with Spherical punch
- Brass Housing for strong sample clamping
- Highly accurate test results
Technical Specifications of Presto cupping strength tester
- Range: 0 – 25mm
- Least count/resolution: 0.01mm
- Outside Body: Mild Steel (Duly Powder Coated.)
- Dial Gauge – 1
- Accuracy – ± 2%
- Sample Thickness – Up to 1.8mm
- Diameter of Punch – 20 ± 0.2 mm
Easy-to-follow steps to conduct cupping strength test on materials
A cupping test is a destructive testing method used to determine the maximum stress a metal sheet can bear by applying an evenly distributed load to the sheet. The cupping test is an important quality control test for metal manufacturers to determine the quality of materials. Below we have listed the steps to conduct a cupping strength test on the materials.
- To conduct a cupping strength test on the materials, insert the zero plate in the sample holder slot and adjust the zero plate with the ball surface.
- Adjust the dial gauge to zero (0) at this position.
- Remove the Zero plate and fit it in your job sample in the slot provided.
- Tighten the sample through the Front wheel handle.
- Now test the sample by rotating its side gear handle.
- View the condition of the sheet manually from the front side. Tighten the punching ball to the end position of the spindle bush.
- Always keep a view of the dial gauge to check the correct stiffness of the sheet.
- On failure of the sample, note the reading on the dial indicator/gauge. Release the pressure by moving the bigger gear wheel in the anticlockwise direction and then release the smaller gear wheel.
- Remove the sample from the sample holder slot. Analyze the test specimen for any kind of cracks.
In this way, you can easily conduct cupping strength tests on the materials with ease. If you want to know more about this quality lab testing equipment like cupping tester price etc. then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will easily consult with you regarding your requirements.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like