Peel testing of adhesive and pressure-sensitive tapes is used for quality assurance. This is a very useful testing method for determining the consistency of a tape's stickiness. Tape adhesion is tested using a standard test surface, at a certain angle, and at a specific test speed. When doing most peel tests for adhesives
, it's important to make sure that the specimen should be prepared accurately. Thus, you must make use of the Presto peel strength tester
to quantify the permanence of adhesion or peel ability of self-adhesive pressure-sensitive materials. Here in this article, we are going to provide you with the fail-proof way to prepare the specimen accurately with the use of a Presto peel adhesion tester. So, let us get started!
Perform peel adhesion test of Adhesives with Presto peel tester
In the packaging sector, industrial adhesives are used in a variety of ways. The adhesives are anticipated to provide the best resistance to peeling force when used between films or sheets. Some applications, however, have specific requirements for binding strength and peeling force. The glue may be required by the manufacturer to provide a strong binding in some applications and a weak bond in others. The adhesive strength or peel strength will easily be tested with the help of Presto Peel/Seal/Bond Strength Tester.
Peel tests are used to determine the adhesive strength between two materials. The result can be used to determine the adhesive bond's firmness. The peel test is a reliable method of determining the performance of adhesives, laminates, and seals. The product performance and processing factors, such as adhesive application and curing, guarantee that items are used safely and that they operate according to expectations while maintaining the brand image.
The average bind or peel strength per unit width of adhesive between two flexible surfaces is measured by peel strength. You can easily take a 180-degree peel strength test
of adhesives and check whether the material is safe to use or not.
Below we have listed the features of the Presto peel adhesion tester.
- High testing range from 5 kgf to 20 kgf.
- Vice-type clamping grips for firm gripping of the test specimen.
- Highly sensitive Z-type load cell sensor for accurate analysis of load.
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results.
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine.
- Powder-coated body with corrosion resistance.
- Available in different capacities as per client’s requirements.
Technical Specifications of Presto color matching cabinet
- Load Cell Capacity: 20 Kgf
- Display: LED (Digital)
- Accuracy: ± 2% at Full Load (with master load)
- Least Count/Resolution: 0.020 kgf
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Speed: 300 mm/min ± 5%
- Standards: ASTM D903
We at Presto offer the best peel strength tester in India
at an economical price. The instrument is meant for creating high forces that are further used for various testing and analysis. The instrument is provided with a limit switch which acts as a safety feature for the machine and limits the movement of the grips of the machine. The out body of the machine is fabricated with mild steel which is duly powder coated. There is a digital peak load indicator provided with the instrument for a digital readout of the test results.
Now, let us discuss the easiest way to prepare the specimen for the peel adhesion test.
Easy to follow steps to prepare the specimen for peel adhesion test
Peel Strength Test for Adhesive Material is developed with constraints determined by industry norms in numerous industries. As a result, they may wish to limit peel movement to a certain length. The operators can establish their desired limit with the use of safety limit switches.
To get accurate testing results with the help of the Presto peel adhesion tester, you need to place the specimen accurately. Below we have listed the steps to prepare a sample with a peel adhesion tester.
- Take a strip of self-adhesive tape that is 150 mm long and 15 mm wide. Prepare the specimen as per the template provided with the machine.
- Now dip one end of the strip into a toluene solution up to 25 mm. This will de-laminate that area of the strip.
- Now peel off the part of the strip that was dipped in toluene solution.
- Now you will have two ends of the strip that need to be placed in between the grips for testing.
- Your test specimen for the Peel adhesion test is ready.
In this way, you can easily follow the steps to prepare the specimen for performing the peel adhesion test.
If you need more information regarding this lab testing equipment, give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.