Multi-depth corrugated boxes are being increasingly tested for their compression strength due to their vital role in protecting and transporting goods. These boxes, characterized by their versatile design that allows for adjustable heights, offer flexibility and cost efficiency in packaging solutions. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a box compression tester that can easily be used to test the compression strength of boxes so that they will not get deformed or crushed when stacked over each other.
This high-quality compression testing instrument will be designed to quantify box or container performance so that the effect of board mediums, closures and interior partitions can be plainly compared.
However, their ability to withstand compressive forces is of paramount importance to ensure the safety and integrity of the enclosed contents during handling, storage, and transportation. Therefore, rigorous testing procedures are being conducted to evaluate the compression strength of multi-depth corrugated boxes, ensuring they meet industry standards and can withstand the pressures of the supply chain.
In this blog, we are going to discuss brief information about the compression strength of multi-depth corrugated boxes and how our quality testing equipment is used to ensure accuracy in test results.
What are multi-depth corrugated boxes?
Multi-depth corrugated boxes are a game-changer in the packaging industry. Unlike traditional cardboard boxes, which come in fixed sizes and can be quite limiting, multi-depth boxes offer versatility and adaptability. These innovative boxes feature pre-scored lines that allow for easy customization of height, making them suitable for packaging items of various sizes.
Whether you are in the business of the e-commerce industry or in the packaging industry, testing the quality of these boxes is important to ensure that the boxes will not get crushed and the product inside them will remain intact.
Now, let us discuss a brief about the Presto box compression tester and how this quality testing equipment is used to test the compression strength of multi-depth corrugated boxes. So, let us get started!
All about Presto box compression tester
The Presto Box Compression Tester
is cutting-edge laboratory testing equipment
designed to accurately measure the compression strength of boxes and packaging materials. It comes with a microprocessor-based display, which enables accurate and easy-to-read test results. Its advanced technology eliminates human error and provides consistent measurements during testing.
This box compression tester is equipped with a uniform compression force mechanism, guaranteeing highly accurate results. This feature ensures that the applied force is evenly distributed across the specimen, eliminating any potential bias and providing reliable data for evaluating the compression strength.
TARE and Peak Hold Facility are additional features of the Presto Box Compression Tester. The TARE function allows for the elimination of the weight of the sample container or any other ancillary components, ensuring accurate measurements of the box's compression strength. The Peak Hold Facility captures the maximum force applied during the test, enabling users to assess the box's performance at its highest point of stress.
Features of Presto box compression tester
The Presto Box Compression Tester combines accuracy, reliability, and versatility, making it valuable testing equipment for industries involved in packaging and shipping that require precise evaluation of box compression strength.
Below we have listed the features of this high-quality testing equipment:
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Highly accurate test results under uniform compression Force
- TARE and Peak Hold Facility Available
- Over travel protection
- Strong base plate with a rugged structure
- Bright LED display
- Feather touch controls
- Available in Computerized model also
- Available in various platform sizes and Load Cell Capacity
- Optional Printer Facility
Technical specifications of Presto box compression tester
- Type: Compression
- Capacity: 500 Kgf
- Display: LED (Digital)
- Accuracy: ± 2% full scale (with master load).
- Least Count: 200 gm
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Test Platform Size: 450 * 450 mm
- Test Speed: 12.5 ± 2.5 mm/min
- Motor: 1 HP Three Phase, 1350 rpm
- Standard: ASTM D642, ASTM D4169, TAPPI T804, ISO 12048, and JIS Z0212
With these high-end features and technical specifications, manufacturers can easily conduct box compression tests
on the materials and deliver highly accurate test results.
Now, let us discuss some easy-to-follow steps for testing multi-depth corrugated boxes.
Easy-to-follow steps for testing multi-depth corrugated boxes
To conduct compression strength of multi-depth corrugated boxes, manufacturers can easily follow the steps mentioned below:
- Whenever you are going to check the compression strength of boxes then you need to prepare the specimen first.
- After that, you can start the machine by plugging the machine into a 15 amp, 220 Volts AC.
- Once you start the machine then you can place the specimen accurately on the platform in the centre and parallel to the compression plate.
- Bring the compression plate near the specimen by moving the rotary switch in a downward direction. Users can make use of the fast runner option to take the compression plate just above the test specimen with an increased speed of 50 mm/min.
- Apply a preload of 1 or 2 kgf on the specimen to remove any air gap between the compression plate and the specimen.
- Once all the above steps are formed, then you can easily commence the test.
In this way, you can easily perform box compression tests on the boxes and ensure accuracy in test results. If you want a free sample testing session for the use of a box compression tester, then you can give us a call at +91-9210903903
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like