Are you tired of seeing your printed materials lose their vibrancy and appeal after just a few uses? Do you want to ensure that your designs withstand the test of time, maintaining their pristine condition even in the situation of rough handling and transportation? If yes, then it is important for you to conduct a scuff resistance test on the materials. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a scuff resistance tester. This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that is used to test the scuff resistance of materials accurately and ensure that printed materials will not get scuffed during rough handling and shipping.
In this blog, we will discuss brief information about the Presto scuff resistance tester and the importance of performing scuff resistance tests on printed materials. So, let us get started!
What is Scuff Resistance?
Scuff resistance is the ability of a material to resist abrasion or damage from rubbing. This is an important property for printed materials, as it helps to ensure their durability and longevity. There are a variety of methods that can be used to test scuff resistance, but the Presto scuff resistance testing instrument
is one of the best methods that should be used by packaging manufacturers to test their scuff resistance.
By testing the scuff resistance of printed materials, manufacturers can easily test the durability of packaging materials efficiently and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
All about Presto scuff resistance tester
Presto Scuff Resistance Tester
rubs two printed surfaces against each other (face-to-face) in the same plane, at the same speed under constant rubbing pressure. This scuff tester
can be used in the Paper and packaging industries to evaluate colour transfer from printed or coated surfaces during rubbing. It is designed and produced according to ASTM Standards and measures the number of double strokes required to cause Fuzz (distortion of appearance) and Peel (actual rupture of the surface).
With the help of Presto Scuff Resistance Tester, the manufacturers can easily ensure the best quality of printed products to the clients.
By using this scuff resistance testing instrument designed by the experts at Presto, check the print quality of the materials and ensure accuracy every time you ship your products to the customers.
This lab testing instrument comes with a motorized weight arrangement on the plunger for noise-free working. It will firmly hold the testing specimen with its circular clips/clamps and comes with a motorized geared system for scuff movement.
This highly accurate lab testing instrument will easily measure the rub-proofness of materials, printed paper, carton packages, and board. Besides this, users will get accurate and precise testing results under a uniform load with the use of this high-quality lab testing instrument.
Its user-friendly electronic controls and ergonomically designed features make it easy for paper and packaging product manufacturers to conduct scuff resistance tests on the materials. You can easily protect your products against scuffing
with the Presto scuff resistance tester
Now, let us discuss the features and technical specifications of the Presto scuff resistance tester.
Features of Presto scuff resistance tester
- Motorized Weight arrangement on the plunger for noise-free working
- Highly accurate test results under uniform load and specified diameter.
- Uniform load by weights on test sample for evenness in testing
- Provision of a Set number of counts through a Digital Preset Counter
- Firm hold of test specimen by circular clips/clamps
- Motorized Geared system for scuff movement
- Digital Presettable counters up to 9999 counts
- Highly accurate and precise results under uniform load and rubbing clamp movement
- Accurate rpm of rotating discs using synchronous motor
- User-friendly electronic controls and ergonomically designed feature
- Adjustable footrest for leveling
Technical specifications of Presto scuff resistance tester
- Test Weight: 2 psi
- Counter: 4- digit Digital Preset type
- Max. range of counter: 9999
- Least Count of counter: 1
- Rotational Speed: 60 rpm ± 2 rpm
- Lower Motor capacity: ¼ HP
- Upper Motor capacity: 10 kg/cm² torque motor
- Diameter of Upper Clamp: 48 ± 2 mm
- Diameter of Lower Clamp: 120 ± 2 mm
- Power: 220V, 50Hz, single phase
With these high-end features and technical specifications, manufacturers can easily conduct scuff resistance tests on the materials and deliver quality products to the customers.
Now, let us discuss some amazing benefits of using Presto scuff resistance testing equipment.
Benefits of testing scuff resistance of printed materials
There are many benefits to testing the scuff resistance of printed materials:
- It ensures product durability: Printed materials that are scuff-resistant are more likely to last longer and withstand wear and tear. This is especially important for products that will be used frequently or for products that will be displayed in high-traffic areas.
- Helps to reduce product rejection rates: By testing your products accurately with the help of a Presto scuff resistance tester, manufacturers can easily reduce product rejection rates by delivering quality printed materials to the customers.
- It also promotes customer satisfaction: When customers receive printed materials that are resistant to scuffing, they are more likely to be satisfied with the product overall. This can lead to repeat business and positive word-of-mouth marketing for your company or brand.
These are some of the amazing benefits one will get while testing the scuff resistance of printed materials. If you need to take a live demo for the use of this quality testing equipment or need a free sample testing session for the use of this quality testing equipment, then give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like