Every type of industry has its own packaging requirements and needs. The PET bottle is one of the most commonly used packaging materials due to its characteristics. These bottles are lightweight and durable, which makes them the top choice for manufacturers to deliver products accurately to customers. Testing every single aspect of these PET products like durability, wall-thickness, closures and much more is necessary for delivering quality. Thus, to make it easy for PET bottle manufacturers to conduct the wall thickness test on PET bottles, we have come up with Magnamike 8600 wall thickness gauge. This is one of the amazing lab testing instruments that is used to test the wall thickness of non-ferrous materials like glass, preforms, plastics, and PET products. This high-quality testing equipment is used to make repeatable and reliable measurements and determine the wall thickness of the product.
Here in this article, we are going to provide you with information about how you can easily assess the uniformity in PET bottle walls with the help of this lab testing instrument. So, let us get started!
Perform accurate wall thickness tests on PET products with a wall thickness gauge
Wall thickness is a critical factor in the performance of any material. It determines the strength and rigidity of the material and can have a major impact on evaluating product quality. This can be useful for quality control purposes, especially for PET products. PET products are widely known for their durability and thus it is important for you to determine their wall thickness in order to assess their durability. The Magnamike 8600 wall thickness testing instrument has been designed by Olympus is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that work on Hall Effect technology and the magnetic probe will be used to test the wall thickness of the material.
When the user will held this magnetic probe near the surface of the material, and a tiny target ball is placed on the opposite side of the PET container, then one can easily take the measurements for its wall thickness.
Features of Magnamike 8600- wall thickness gauge
The wall thickness gauge will potentially measure the wall thickness of the materials with ease. All types of materials include plastics, composites, aluminum, and other nonferrous metals. Below we have listed the features of the Magnamike 8600 wall thickness gauge.
- Measurement based on probe’s Hall Effect sensor
- Digital Display readout
- Repeatability of test measurements of the test sample
- Measurements through Target Ball or wire or Disk using Magnetic field
- Expandable Thickness range up to 25.4mm (1.00 in.)
- Replaceable Wear Caps – Standard and Chisel type
- Expanded target selection – 3/16 and ¼ in. magnetic target balls or Wire target
- Larger Color VGA display
- Fast measurement update rate 60Hz
- Programmable Instrument lock with password
- RS-232/USB/VGA output Communication Modes
- Direct Interface to Excel spreadsheet
- WINXL interface program
- Generate onboard reports
- Designed with an IP67 rating
- Expanded alphanumeric data logger
- Save and recall option for stored calibration file
- Bench style case with improved gage stand
- Low and high reading Alarm
- Ability to export file to MicroSD card in .txt and CSV format
- Strip Chart view
- Inbuilt Calibration Facility
- Selectable measurement units – mm or inch
- Ability to store Thickness readings in one of the standard file formats – Incremental, Sequential, Sequential with Custom point, 2-D grid
Technical Specifications of Magnamike 8600
- Ion battery
- Keypad – Japanese, English, International, Chinese
- Languages Supported – English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Italian
- Data Storage – Onboard and removable 2 GB Micro SD card
- Battery life (Optional) – 12 h to 13 h (lithium-ion)
- Power requirements – AC Mains: 100 V AC to120 V AC, 200 V AC to 240 VAC
- Display Type – Full VGA (640 x 480 pixels) transflective color LCD
- Display dimensions (W x H, Diag.) – 117 mm x 89 mm, 146 mm (4.62 in. x 3.49 in., 5.76 in.)
- Min/Max capture mode – Captured at 60 Hz measurement rate
- Display update rate – 4, 8, 16, and 20 Hz
- Alarm – High and Low alarms
- Resolution – 1 mm (0.01 in.), 0.01 mm (0.001 in.), 0.001 mm (0.0001 in.) (Depending on thickness range)
- Data logger – Internal file-based alphanumeric data logger
- Maximum Thickness range: Up to 25.4mm (1.00 in.)
- Minimum Thickness range: 0.001mm (0.0001 in.)
With these features and technical specifications, one can easily test the wall thickness of materials
. Now, let us discuss how you can easily test the wall thickness of the materials with the help of this lab testing equipment
How you can easily conduct a test with Magnamike 8600 wall thickness gauge?
If you're looking for a way to ensure the quality of your materials, wall thickness testing is a great option. This type of testing can help you identify any weak spots in your materials, and make sure that they meet your specifications. To conduct the wall thickness measurement test on the PET products, you can place the tiny target ball inside the container or bottle.
The probe tip will be placed on one side of the wall of the material and the steel ball will be placed on the other side. The hall sensor will be used for testing the thickness of the material with its powerful magnetic field surrounding the sensor.
The result will be displayed on a large color display to make it easy for the users to determine the test results. In this way, you can easily test the wall thickness of the material and make sure that the right material will be used to determine the wall thickness quality. You can also read about the working of the wall thickness gauges
and operate this lab testing instrument
If you want to take a free sample testing session
for this lab testing equipment
then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903 or mail them at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and requirements.