The quality of corrugated boxes is of utmost importance as these are widely used in the packaging industry. With the growing demand for such boxes, the need for testing their quality has also increased. There are various tests that can be conducted to determine the strength and durability of these boxes. One of the essential quality tests that can be conducted on the corrugated boxes is the bursting strength test. This is one of the essential quality tests that have been conducted on the material to test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes.
This amazing lab testing instrument will accurately determine the bursting strength of paper, corrugated boxes, carton boxes, and cardboards. It comes with a microprocessor-based display that will help to provide you with accurate testing results. If you want to commence the test using Presto bursting strength tester
then this article is for you. Here we are going to discuss the information about how you can easily commence the test using Presto bursting strength testing instrument.
So, let us get started!
Save your box from getting burst with Presto bursting strength tester
While shipping the cartons or corrugated boxes, the manufacturers face the issue of carton bursts due to unexpected forces. This will lead to a loss of productivity and even lead to damage the company's reputation.
Thus, it is important for you to make the corrugated box strong enough to withstand external forces like vibrations, buffeting, and impact during the shipping process. However, if there is too much force exerted on the box, it can cause the box to burst open at the seams, leading to broken products and damaged packaging.
In order to prevent this from happening, manufacturers need to use high-quality lab testing equipment known as Presto bursting strength tester
that can measure the resistance of the box against bursting forces. By using these measures, they can ensure that their products arrive safely at their destination without any damage. Thus, you can avoid box bursting problems with the help of the Presto bursting strength tester.
Features of Presto bursting strength tester digital
As a corrugated box manufacturer, you are always worried about the bursting factors that can lead to damage to your corrugated boxes. Any kind of damage would lead to loss and consumers might even reject the bad packaging.
Testing the bursting strength of corrugated boxes
will help you to stay away from product rejections. Whenever you conduct a bursting strength test
, then you need to take care of several factors that may impact the strength of cartons. You can read about the factors that influence the bursting strength of cartons.
- Digital indication of readings.
- This equipment is completely microprocessor-based with the original ‘Intel chip.
- TARE facility incorporated.
- Peak Hold facility for keeping the maximum value in the memory.
- Bright LED display.
- Feather touch controls.
- Single Push-Button Operation
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Memory to hold up to 9 test reading
- Highly accurate test results under multidirectional Force
- Strong Gripping clamps
- Grooved structure of Test Specimen Holder to avoid slippage and intact holding of the specimen under test
- No slippage in case specimen is tightened uniformly using operating wheel
Technical Specifications of Presto bursting strength tester digital
- Pressure Range: 40 Kg/ cm2
- Least Count : 0.1 Kg/cm2
- Display: Digital
- Rate of fluid displacement: 95 cc/minute
- Test fluid: Glycerin
- Accuracy: ± 1% within 10% to 90% of the entire range as per IS: 1828
- Motor: ¼ HP Single Phase
- Peak Hold Facility: Yes
- Safety Switch: Yes
- Standards: ASTM D3786, BS 3137, ISO 2758, ISO 3303-1:2012, ISO 3689-1983, IS – 1060, 1987
With these features and technical specifications, you can easily test the bursting strength of cartons with ease and reduce product rejections.
Now, let us discuss how you can easily commence the test using Presto bursting strength tester for cartons.
Steps to commence test using Presto bursting strength tester
- Once you prepare and place the specimen accurately on Presto bursting strength tester, press the “Push for burst” button. Make sure you do not release the button until the Sample is burst.
- The display will give the bursting value.
- After the specimen is burst, there will be a buzzing sound from the machine and the display will freeze and hold the peak value. Immediately release the Push to the burst button after the Test Specimen burst.
- Note down the Bursting Strength of the test specimen that is indicated on the Load Indicator.