In the corrugated box industry, the dropping strength of corrugated boxes or cartons is considered to be one of the most important properties to determine its quality. This refers to how well a box can withstand being dropped from a given height without sustaining damage.
A box's dropping strength is determined by several factors, including the type of paperboard used, the size of the box, and the amount of glue used in its construction. Fortunately, you can check the drop strength of the package with the help of the Presto drop strength tester
. This is one of the amazing lab testing equipment that is used to test the drop strength of corrugated boxes
and ascertain their transport worthiness. This lab testing equipment
is very helpful in quantifying the strength of corrugated boxes when dropped from a certain height. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with information about how you can easily perform the carton drop test with the help of the Presto carton drop tester
. But before that, let us focus on how a drop strength tester for corrugated boxes
is helpful in testing the package integrity of cartons with ease. So, let us get started!
Test the integrity of corrugated boxes with the help of the Presto drop strength tester
In today's competitive marketplace, it is more important than ever for packaging manufacturers to use high-quality materials. Corrugated boxes are one of the most commonly used packaging materials, and they play a vital role in protecting products during shipping. In order to maintain their brand image, it is essential for manufacturers to use only the best-quality corrugated boxes. Testing the drop strength of corrugated boxes is essential to make sure that your corrugated box is worth being used in the packaging industry. By doing so, you can be confident that your products will arrive at their destination safely and in excellent condition.
The manual model of drop strength tester comes with an adjustable clamp and can be used to perform carton drop tests
with ease. You can also read about how the Presto drop tester can help to decrease the transit damage of corrugated boxes
. Below we have listed the features and technical specifications of this lab testing equipment.
Features of Presto drop strength tester
To make sure that the contents in your corrugated boxes are well-protected, you must make use of the Presto drop strength tester. Presto is a leading manufacturer of drop strength testers, and our products can help you accurately test the transport worthiness of your packages. The tester comes with an angular drop arrangement, which helps to replicate the conditions that a package might encounter during transit. With Presto's tester, you can be confident that your packages will arrive safely at their destination. Below we have listed the features of the Presto drop strength tester manually operated model.
- Handheld control box to raise and lower drop arm with the package on drop arm.
- Drop Height adjustable clamp.
- Manual handle actuated.
- Strong base plate and rugged structure
- Can be useful to conduct angular and straight drop tests
Technical Specifications of Presto drop strength tester
- Testing height: Drop Height Min. 750mm, max 1800mm
- Max. dimension of Box that can be tested: Standard L 465 x W 445 x H 500 mm (Optional dropping platform sizes also available on request)
- Max weight of Box to be tested: Up to 50 Kg
- Opening Actuation: Manual through the lever
- Top Edge Holding Device: Included
- Height Measuring Scale least count: 1 mm
- Base dimension (Floor Space): 950 x 600 mm
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to conduct a drop strength test of packages. You can easily check the structural integrity of packages
with the help of the Presto drop strength tester
. Now, let us focus on the steps to conduct the test with the help of this lab testing instrument
How to perform carton drop test easily with Presto drop strength tester?
The carton drop test is one of the most important tests that help to assess the performance of corrugated boxes and their ability to protect contents from damage when dropped from a certain height. By using a drop tester, corrugated box manufacturers can ensure the durability of packages.
Before performing this test with a corrugated carton drop tester
, it is important for you to prepare and place the specimen
accurately. Now, let us focus on the steps to perform the carton drop test.
- First of all, adjust the height of the platform by rotating the wheel which is provided on the side of the device in an upward direction or downward direction.
- Now place the sample on the platform.
- Make sure that the specimen is placed in the center of the plate otherwise, the test results would not be correct.
- Now push down the handle which is provided on the back of the machine to drop the sample from a set height.
- As you push the handle down, the door of the platform will get open and the sample will fall down.
- Now observe the sample for any kind of damage to check the drop strength of the corrugated box.
By following these 6 easy steps you can easily perform a carton drop test
with the help of this corner drop tester
. You can easily buy a drop strength tester
or conduct a FREE
sample testing session by giving us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our technical experts will provide you with the right assistance regarding your queries.
you may also like