Printed labels and other materials are important components of a variety of products, but due to their exposure to environmental factors, they can become worn and damaged over time. To ensure that your labels continue to look their best, testing scuff resistance is an essential part of the manufacturing process. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality scuff resistance tester that can be used to evaluate the rub resistance of labels and other printed materials. This quality lab testing instrument is typically used to test the labels for damage that has occurred through rubbing or abrasion.
By conducting a scuff resistance test on the materials, one can easily determine how resistant your labels or printed material is against rubbing. This information can be extremely helpful in deciding whether the material is suitable to be used in the industry or not. In this blog post, we will discuss brief information about the use of a scuff resistance tester and how this quality lab testing equipment is used to test the scuff resistance of labels and other printed materials. So, let us get started!
What is Scuff Resistance Testing?
In the packaging industry, testing the scuff resistance of the materials is important to ensure that the printed information will not get deteriorated. If your labels or other materials are not scuff-resistant, they can become damaged and unreadable, which can deteriorate the quality of products.
With scuff resistance testing
, one can easily evaluate the quality of packaging materials
and ensure that their products will not get damaged easily. Users can also evaluate the behavior of printed labels, or other related materials with the help of a highly versatile scuff resistance tester
All about Presto scuff resistance tester
Scuff resistance testing is an important part of product development because it can help you identify potential problems early on. If your labels are prone to scratching or damage, you’ll know before you launch your product. To make it easy for packaging manufacturers to evaluate the scuff resistance of packaging products, we at Presto have designed a highly advanced lab testing instrument known as a scuff resistance tester.
This advanced model of scuff resistance tester will easily rub the two printed materials against each other in the same plane, at the same speed under constant rubbing pressure to determine the quality of packaging materials.
This quality lab testing equipment has been designed as per ASTM Standards and measures the number of double strokes required to cause Fuzz (distortion of appearance) and Peel (actual rupture of the surface).
By conducting a scuff resistance test using a Presto scuff tester, one can easily ensure that labels and other materials can withstand the wear and tear of everyday use. This can help to prolong the life of your products, saving you money in the long run. In addition, it can also help to improve the appearance of your products, as well as their overall quality.
You can easily make your printed labels scuff-proof
, with the help of this quality lab testing equipment
. Now, let us discuss scuff resistance tester features
& technical specifications that make it unique from other brands.
Features of scuff resistance tester
The Presto scuff resistance tester is a highly advanced machine that is designed to provide accurate and reliable test results. It features a motorized weight arrangement on the plunger for noise-free operation, as well as highly accurate results under uniform load and specified diameter.
- This quality lab testing instrument also has a provision for setting the number of counts through a digital preset counter, and it comes with circular clips/clamps that firmly hold the test specimen in place.
- Below we have listed the highly advanced features of this quality lab testing equipment.
- Motorized Geared system for scuff movement
- Digital Presettable counters up to 9999 counts
- Highly accurate and precise results under uniform load and rubbing clamp movement
- Accurate rpm of rotating discs using synchronous motor
- User-friendly electronic controls and ergonomically designed feature
- Motorized Weight arrangement on the plunger for noise-free working
- Highly accurate test results under uniform load and specified diameter.
- Uniform load by weights on test sample for evenness in testing
- Provision of a Set number of counts through a Digital Preset Counter
- Firm hold of test specimen by circular clips/clamps
These are the highly advanced features of the Presto scuff resistance tester. Now, let’s focus on the technical specifications of this quality testing instrument.
Technical specifications of Presto scuff resistance tester
- Specimen Size: 48mm & 120mm
- Weight on Sample: 1psi + 1psi separate weights provided
- Controls: Digital Preset Cycle counter
- No. of Cycles: 0 – 9999
- Counter 4- digit Digital Preset type
- Least Count of Counter: 1
- Rotational Speed 60 rpm
- Lower Motor capacity ¼ HP
- Display: Digital (LCD)
- Safety Lock: Yes (with upper clamp)
- Sample Preparation templates: 3
- Paint: Powder coated & Chrome finished
- Input Power: 220 Volts, 50Hz, single phase supply
The Presto scuff resistance tester is a professional grade and highly standardized lab testing equipment that is designed to measure the abrasion resistance of materials. With the use of this quality testing instrument, one can easily forbid diminishing the quality of printed labels
Now, let us discuss the commonly used testing standards for testing the scuff resistance of materials.
Commonly Used Standards for Testing Scuff Resistance
There are many standards that can be used to test the scuff resistance of materials. Presto scuff resistance testing instrument has been made in accordance with industrial standards that are mentioned below:
- BS 3110: This standard is used for measuring the rub resistance of the print and is classified in these ICS categories including 87.080 Inks, Printing inks, 37.100.99 other standards related to graphic technology.
- ASTM F2497-05: With this testing standard users can easily evaluate the rub resistance (i.e. the damage which has taken place through rubbing) of labels and general printed matter.
With these standards, one can easily test the scuff resistance of printed labels and ensure that quality materials will be delivered to the customers.
Testing the scuff resistance of labels and other materials is a critical aspect of ensuring quality for any business. By having an understanding of how these materials can be impacted by scuffs, you can make informed decisions on what material to select for your products. Not only will this help ensure that your products look great, but it also helps prevent costly returns due to damaged packaging or labels.
You can even conduct a free sample testing session
for the use of this quality testing instrument
by giving us a call at +91 9210903903
or emailing us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will assist you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like