Corrugated boxes provide excellent protection for the products they contain. The corrugated design of the box provides cushioning, which helps to absorb shock and prevent damage to the contents during transit. But these boxes can be affected by several factors that may deteriorate the quality of the material. These include bursting strength, compression strength, drop strength, and many other factors that should be tested properly to ensure the quality of boxes delivered to the customers.
We at Presto being, Asia’s top laboratory testing instrument manufacturer
have designed different quality lab testing equipment to test the different properties of the materials. Whether you're a business owner looking to enhance your packaging game or an individual who wants to ensure their items arrive safely, can make use of our paper & packaging laboratory testing instruments
and test the quality of materials before making the final delivery.
In this blog, we will discuss briefly how you can improve the quality of corrugated boxes by using Presto Quality Testing Instruments. We will discuss some of the important factors that needed to be taken care of to improve the quality of boxes. So, let us get started!
Factors influencing the quality of corrugated boxes
Corrugated boxes are used for packaging a wide range of products, from food and beverages to electronics and furniture. The quality of the corrugated box plays a crucial role in protecting the contents during shipping and handling. There are several factors that influence the quality of corrugated boxes.
- Flute type: The flute type used in the corrugated box affects its strength, rigidity, and cushioning ability. Different flute types, such as A, B, C, E, and F, have different characteristics that make them suitable for different applications.
- Paperboard material: The quality and thickness of the paperboard material used in the corrugated box determine its durability and strength. The type of linerboard and medium used, as well as the weight and ply of the paperboard, can all impact the quality of the box. You can easily measure the quality of corrugated boxes with the help of our quality lab testing instruments.
- Adhesives: The adhesive used to bond the paperboard together is critical to the strength and durability of the corrugated box. Poor-quality adhesives can lead to delamination or failure of the box during transportation. Thus, we have a peel/seal/ bond adhesion tester that can easily quantify the bond strength of the material and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
- Manufacturing process: The manufacturing process used to produce the corrugated box can impact its quality. Factors such as the speed of the machinery, temperature, and humidity levels can affect the consistency and quality of the box. Testing other related factors such as compression strength, drop strength, etc. can also be used to determine the quality of corrugated boxes.
- Structural design: The structural design of the corrugated box plays a vital role in its ability to protect the contents. The size, shape, and number of flutes used, as well as the thickness and ply of the paperboard, must be carefully selected to provide the necessary cushioning and strength.
Overall, these factors all play a crucial role in the quality of corrugated boxes and must be carefully considered when selecting or manufacturing a box for a specific application. By considering these factors, you can easily determine corrugated box quality
How Presto Paper & Package Testing Instruments are used to test corrugated box quality?
Presto Paper & Package Testing Instruments are used to test the quality of corrugated boxes in various ways. Here are some of the ways in which these instruments are used:
- Burst strength testing: The Presto Bursting Strength Tester is used to measure the burst strength of corrugated boxes. This test helps to determine the maximum pressure the box can withstand before it bursts. This is an essential test to ensure the box can withstand the stress and pressure it will encounter during shipping and handling.
- Compression testing: The Presto Compression Tester is used to measure the compressive strength of corrugated boxes. This test helps to determine how much weight the box can withstand before it collapses or deforms. This test is crucial for ensuring the box can withstand the weight of other boxes stacked on top of it during shipping and storage.
- Edge crush testing: The Presto Edge Crush Tester is used to measure the edge crush strength of corrugated boxes. This test helps to determine the force required to crush the edges of the box. This test is crucial for ensuring the box can withstand the stress it will encounter during transportation.
- Cobb sizing testing: The Presto Cobb Sizing Tester is used to measure the water absorption capacity of corrugated boxes. This test helps to determine the amount of water the box can absorb, which is an important factor to consider if the box will be exposed to moisture during transportation and storage.
- Tensile strength testing: The Presto Tensile Strength Tester is used to measure the tensile strength of corrugated boxes. This test helps to determine the force required to pull the box apart, which is an important factor to consider when designing boxes that will be used to transport heavy products.
If you want a free sample testing session
for our quality testing equipment
or want to know more about our lab testing equipment, then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like