Have you ever wondered if your product packaging is strong enough against edge compression forces? Do you know what will be the minimum strength of cardboard should be in order to pass a test from a shipping company? If you are a corrugated box manufacturer and facing challenges due to the poor quality of corrugated boxes, then this blog is for you.
Packaging is fundamentally important to any business, and it's important that your packaging doesn't leak or get crushed during shipment. Testing the strength of your packaging is a good place to start before sending it out. Thus, to test the edge crush strength
of the packages, it is important for the manufacturers to test the edge-wise compression strength
of the packages with the use of a high-quality lab testing instrument
. We at Presto have designed an edge crush tester
that is helpful in testing the edge crush strength of boxes with ease. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with brief information about the Presto ECT tester
and how this lab testing instrument
is useful in testing the edge crush strength of the boxes with ease.
What is Edge Crush's strength?
The edge crush strength of corrugated boxes is the maximum load that can be applied to the edge of a corrugated box before it fails. It is important to consider this value when choosing the appropriate box for your application. When it comes to packaging materials, one of the most important factors is edge crush strength. This is the measure of how much force it takes to crush the edge of a box.
Edge crush strength is important when it comes to shipping and packing materials. It determines the quality of the materials and ensures that accurate products should be used to deliver the product accurately to the customers. Thus, we at Presto have designed an RCT/FCT/EDGE Crush Tester digital model that can accurately measure the edge crush strength of corrugated boxes, cartons, and other related materials with ease.
Introduction about Presto edge crush tester
Testing the packaging strength of corrugated boxes is critical to ensure that they meet the required safety and durability standards. In many cases, product failure can be attributed to inadequate box packaging. When the manufacturers will test the edge crush strength of the materials, then they can rest assured about the quality of products. Thus, with the use of a Presto edge crush tester, one can easily determine the edge crush strength of boxes and ensure that your material will not get crushed during the rigors of shipping and transportation. This lab testing instrument will accurately measure the resistance of cardboard against the cross-sectional crushing forces.
By testing the edge-wise compression strength of the boxes, one can easily ensure that the boxes delivered will be of high quality. The digital model of this high-quality lab testing equipment comes with a microprocessor-based display for viewing accurate testing results. Besides this, it has been equipped with high-quality features that we have mentioned below.
Features of Presto edge crush tester
When it comes to packaging materials, one of the most important factors is edge crush strength. This is the measure of how much force it takes to crush the edge of a box. The higher the edge crush strength, the greater the protection box will get against damage. Below we have listed the highly advanced features of this high-quality lab testing instrument.
- Simple and accurate read-out on a digital display
- Electronic Force measurement by the Load
- Key lock prevents accidental or unauthorized resetting
- Electro-mechanical Loading System
- Sophisticated Electronic Controls for precision and easy operation
- Competence with Peak-Hold
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Separate fixtures for ring crush, edge crush, and flat crush test
- Highly accurate test results under a compression force
- Strong gripping clamps.
- Bright LED display
- Inbuilt calibration facility
- Feather touch controls
Technical Specifications of Presto edge crush tester
- High testing range of up to 100 kgf.
- Compression plates for proper placement of the test specimen.
- Templates are provided with the machine to prepare test specimens with accurate sizes.
- Advanced peak load indicator for accurate readout and storage of test results.
- Limit switches protection for the protection of grips and the machine.
- Powder-coated body with corrosion resistance.
Steps to test the edge crush strength of corrugated boxes
Whenever you are going to conduct an edge crush test
of the corrugated boxes, then it is important for the users to accurately place the specimen
on this lab testing equipment. You can read about what happens due to the wrong placement of the specimen
on the edge crush tester.
Once you place the specimen accurately, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- After placing the specimen correctly, press RESET and TARE to set the value at the peak load indicator to zero.
- After setting the zero on the load indicator, turn the rotary switch to the UP direction.
- This will move the lower compression plate in an upward direction exerting a compressive load on the specimen.
- After the lower compression plate starts compression of the specimen, there will be an increase in the value on the load indicator.
- After a certain increase in the load value, the value on the load display will decrease after there is a deflection in the specimen.
- After there is a decrease in value, turn the rotary switch to the off position to stop the machine.
- Once the machine stops, the display showing load will return to zero and the deflection display will freeze.
- Press the Memory switch on the load indicator to show the peak value.
- Note down the values displayed on the load indicator.
In this way, you can easily test the edge-wise compression strength of boxes with ease. Besides this, the corrugated sheet will also be the edge crush strength of corrugated boxes
. If you wish to know more about this lab testing instrument
, like the edge crush tester price
or need a FREE sample testing session
for this quality testing equipment, then give us a call at +91 9210903903
or email us at email@example.com
Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Author : -Gaurav Malhotra
you may also like